Fabbro-Statsny
Matter GRoss
Gravel Prokop

Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.53.40 AM.png

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Tomasino already in mid-season form. Wide-open net on the PP and shoots it into the defender.

Man, if only that kid knew how to score..

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also, everytime I see Florida and Lundell, I die a little.

2-0 Florida after +7 mins of play. Both goals on the PP.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It's apparent that the Panthers have a few more of their big names in compared to the Preds.
Us: 6 NHLers, 3 "maybes", 10 AHLers, 1 junior
Them: 9 NHLers, 2 "maybes", 9 AHLers

...ish. Of course, their NHLers include Barkov, while our most experienced one is Fabbro? :D

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
yea it sucks...only in South Florida could something so stupid like this occur

Of course a duster like Rodrigues looks like Mario Lemieux dangling Fabbro... hopefully he gets traded this year

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Us: 6 NHLers, 3 "maybes", 10 AHLers, 1 junior
Them: 9 NHLers, 2 "maybes", 9 AHLers

...ish. Of course, their NHLers include Barkov, while our most experienced one is Fabbro? :D
Yeh quality goes a long way here. Barkov, Lundell, Forsling, etc vs Novak, Tomasino, Fabbro, etc. Even their elder statesman vet Rodrigues has gotten 40ish points in consecutive NHL seasons. I dont think we have a single player on the ice that can claim that.

Jankowski is probably the most experienced for us. New system though that seems about 180 from last year.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
3-0 after two. All 3 goals for the Panthers on the PP.

A bit unlucky in that period as well, Tomasino hit the post and Jankowski rang one off the crossbar.

I feel like Tomasino is so close to something greater.. but on the other hand it could go the other way and he could be out of the league in 2-3 years..

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeh quality goes a long way here. Barkov, Lundell, Forsling, etc vs Novak, Tomasino, Fabbro, etc. Even their elder statesman vet Rodrigues has gotten 40ish points in consecutive NHL seasons. I dont think we have a single player on the ice that can claim that.

Jankowski is probably the most experienced for us. New system though that seems about 180 from last year.
Sometimes that can work out if the "established" guys are kind of coasting in a meaningless first split-squad game against inferior players... but... that's not happening here so far. :) Our D are not looking good at all this game, even considering the PPs. We are giving them some open seams and open-man passes within the zone, I can't watch closely enough to tell if that's also partly on the forwards - usually it is to some extent.

I will just be glad when we can get down to under 30 guys in Camp. This game sucks.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I think we may lose round 1 here. On to round 2 which will probably be rough as well unless Saros and Askarov can put on a show. Atleast we wont be facing barkov so maybe itll be a better chance

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah, on to Game 2. This has not been great.

Glad it's preseason so I don't have to care too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad