GDT: WDSF Game 3: Vegas Golden Knights @ Minnesota Wild | 6:30PM | NBCSN, SN360, TVAS2, BSN+, ATTSN-RM

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys what are your thoughts on Pietrangelo so far? Real question. I’ve got buddies that laugh at the good but not great point totals for the money but I always felt he did so many things in the game that didn’t show up on the stat sheet.

Like the signing? Hate it? TBD?
Like it. He's solid. Not currently having a great game though.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hey guys what are your thoughts on Pietrangelo so far? Real question. I’ve got buddies that laugh at the good but not great point totals for the money but I always felt he did so many things in the game that didn’t show up on the stat sheet.

TBD. He was really good the last few weeks of the regular season.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Lots of layers on that. I think it starts with a lot of frustration that they didn't get a better deal. Blues weren't even close to the VGK offer so they just got pushed around by his agent even though he clearly wanted to play in Vegas. As for this year, he's ok, points aren't everything, but he's not a dominant force that you pay that much money for. Fortunately he's not as bad an albatross as guys like Karlsson or Subban as he does play a smarter game, but just really fearful about those last few years. Then again there could be a lot of bad contracts by then on this team and they could look like the Kings today in 3-5 years depending on how well Stone and Petro age.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Lots of layers on that. I think it starts with a lot of frustration that they didn't get a better deal. Blues weren't even close to the VGK offer so they just got pushed around by his agent even though he clearly wanted to play in Vegas. As for this year, he's ok, points aren't everything, but he's not a dominant force that you pay that much money for. Fortunately he's not as bad an albatross as guys like Karlsson or Subban as he does play a smarter game, but just really fearful about those last few years. Then again there could be a lot of bad contracts by then on this team and they could look like the Kings today in 3-5 years depending on how well Stone and Petro age.

Thats kind of what I thought in limited viewing. Like they overpaid him by about 1.5 mil....which gets you a nice 4th liner on the market.

I don’t think he’s worth 9 but if he’s worth 8 who cares? Guys like that don’t go on trees.

We sure as shit could use him right now.

anyways good luck. Pulling for you guys because there’s only one team that can silence the clowns in Colorado and it isn’t the Wild.

Reactions: Blues Knight

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
So much for Holden being better than Hague. :laugh:

Mcrimmon and Spott are the guys that need to get the axe. Look at how lost Stone is without Patches and think about the fact that they thought about trading him in the offseason.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
So much for Holden being better than Hague. :laugh:

Mcrimmon and Spott are the guys that need to get the axe. Look at how lost Stone is without Patches and think about the fact that they thought about trading him in the offseason.

Guys need to get the axe, especially Spott, but don't see how you can't get rid of PDB too if Spott is gone. He's just his yes man implementing PDB's system and thinking. As for McCrimmon, I don't hold much blame on him. I think the pipeline has been pretty solid, can't complain that much about how they have drafted especially past the first round. McPhee on the other hand is the guy I think deserves the most blame and should be canned. Taking an exciting team with zero cap issues in year one playing a great system that fans loved and saying nah we can't win like that, lets go get a bunch of guys that play the way I think we should. And then switching up the players basically made Gallant's job and system impossible to continue so they got their man to coach them leading to where we are now.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
VGK no longer worst team in the league!

Utterly dominant 2nd though. Player 2 feet in front of Talbot. Shocking to see.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad