Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Any Oiler fans heading to the game needs to plan ahead and make sure they have a route to get to the game and return to their hotel safely.

• Haha
Reactions: nucks88 and rea

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
So if regular season stats don't matter, it gives everyone carte blanche to make up whatever they want about the regular season?

Okie dokie.

Jonas Hoglander was suspended by the Canucks for 12 games during the regular season for an unfortunate incident at the Vancouver Aquarium involving 3 starfish, too little clothing, and 1 traumatized sea otter who was forced to watch everything.
Whooosh. Every oilers fan says regular season means nothing when it comes to the nucks but but then can't seem to keep bringing up the regular season.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
No not at all. Definitely.

Dakota Joshua scores at a 25 goal pace every year, Quinn Hughes scores 90 points every year, Boeser scores 40 every year, Hronek scores almost 50 every year, Hoglander scores 24 every year. That’s not counting almost everyone else who at least matched prior career highs that haven’t been seen recently.
I'm sorry but this is just a terrible post. Quinn, Hoglander are not even near their prime yet so them improving is pretty much the trajectory of every athlete ever that is actually talented.
Hronek was on pace for a similar season last year, Brock has been touted as a 40 goal scorer since his rookie season until you know injuries like a literal broken back got in the way. As for Dakota, this was pretty much his first season as a full time top 9 player and is a late bloomer.

I can't even believe you used Quinn as an example unless you've been living in Kabul or something.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm sorry but this is just a terrible post. Quinn, Hoglander are not even near their prime yet so them improving is pretty much the trajectory of every athlete ever that is actually talented.
Hronek was on pace for a similar season last year, Brock has been touted as a 40 goal scorer since his rookie season until you know injuries like a literal broken back got in the way. As for Dakota, this was pretty much his first season as a full time top 9 player and is a late bloomer.

I can't even believe you used Quinn as an example unless you've been living in Kabul or something.

This is complete gibberish. I think you’re actually affirming the objective fact they all had career years, but laughably trying to explain it away for some reason.

You’re one of the ones that just hopped back on. Don’t get ahead of yourself, lots to learn and catch up on.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
One way or another I think this could be a shorter series than some may want to admit. IF Vancouver shows what they did all season? Vancouver is 4 or 5. If the Oilers get the Canucks goalie? 4 or 5 the other way. There will be no middle ground in this series

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
time for hoglander garland to really piss off the oilers with their speed and forechecking. and contributing on the scoresheet. i think its gonna be the bottom 6 and elias that will take over. miller/boeser did their part in round one. each series or games will have different heros stepping up. hopefuly the D of vancouver play physical on the oilerrs and chip in the odd goal here and there. myers/soucy.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
time for hoglander garland to really piss off the oilers with their speed and forechecking. and contributing on the scoresheet. i think its gonna be the bottom 6 and elias that will take over. miller/boeser did their part in round one. each series or games will have different heros stepping up. hopefuly the D of vancouver play physical on the oilerrs and chip in the odd goal here and there. myers/soucy.
the bottom 6 of Vancouver will definitely not take over this series lol

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
One way or another I think this could be a shorter series than some may want to admit. IF Vancouver shows what they did all season? Vancouver is 4 or 5. If the Oilers get the Canucks goalie? 4 or 5 the other way. There will be no middle ground in this series
I agree, I see a steamroll one way or the other. EP needs to show up

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
It's odd how quickly that you guys use that as an excuse. It's basically admitting that without him you can't win, with 1st place on the line, against a goalie who had a sub 900sv%
Even knob and Spec made that excuse. This is the first playoffs I've paid attention to the oilers and I gotta say from the fans to the coaches to the reporters.

All oiler fans reading this. Go on YouTube watch the nucks in their media scrums as well as the oilers, what a massive difference from the coach down to the captain and everyone in between.
A blowout in game 1 just might break them all over again,

I was replying to the desmith comment.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You know how many even strength points McDavid had against the Canucks this season ? Zero.

You know which team McDavid has scored the least points against in his career? It's the NY Islanders. Lowest ppg? St Louis Blues. If he was playing either/or team, it could get interesting.

You know which team McDavid has scored the most points against in his career? The Vancouver Canucks.

I think he's going to be fine...

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
LOL I completely forgot about this series. Must be nice having time for your players to rest in between

Reactions: Summer Rose

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Any Oiler fans heading to the game needs to plan ahead and make sure they have a route to get to the game and return to their hotel safely.

I would also plan at least 100m away from any Starbucks.
East Hastings doesn't feel so bad compared to the trimethylxanthine cinnamon topped addicted hippies ;)

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Oilers and Canucks fans, let’s all relax.

When your team loses, it’s not your fault and has nothing to do with you. Don’t take it personally.

When your team wins, it also has nothing to do with you, and is not your achievement to be proud of. We are cheering for a bunch of rich young men who don’t know us or care about us to live THEIR dream and achieve THEIR goals. We don’t have any rational reason to take pride in their success and act like we, the fans, had anything to do with it.

It’s exciting and fun, but that’s all it is. Don’t take it too seriously and don’t let it consume you or cause you real-life stress & anger when you have your own personal goals and dreams and stressors to focus on, things that actually impact you in a tangible way. Hockey fandom is fantasy.
Best post in this thread. Kudos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad