Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm going to go off script here - I want to talk about a memorable Oiler memory I have.

Todd Marchant's game winner in overtime vs Dallas in 1997. In fact, that whole game was absolutely electric. Joseph's eye popping save in OT, and then Marchant just turning on the after burners, blowing by everyone and scoring that goal - as an objective third party, that's one of the more memorable non-Canuck games I've ever watched.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Does anyone know what the Edmonton Oilers powerplay PDO is ? Where can we get these stats ?

How come every expert says the regular season series means nothing due to AVS/JETS when Boston swept the Leafs and Nucks swept the Preds in the reg season and both won their series ??????????

AVS/JETS isn't the hot take everyone thinks it is

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
You'd think by now people would stop making themselves look incredibly stupid when it comes to placing limits on what McDavid is capable of. But nope.
All the best players in the history of the game had their best seasons at an age younger than mcdavid is now. So your opinion is McDavid is an outlier and his best is still to come?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
All the best players in the history of the game had their best seasons at an age younger than mcdavid is now. So your opinion is McDavid is an outlier and his best is still to come?
It depends on whether you consider another 150+ point, 50+ goal season better than his 153 point, 64 goal campaign but yes, I expect him to flirt with those types of numbers a couple more times in his career.

McDavid is unlike almost anything we've ever seen in the NHL. He's his own thing.

• Haha
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
But he chickened out of the last match-up, maybe he would have scored 5v5 in that one if be had the fortitude to show up.
If that’s the outlook on injuries, then where the **** is Demko when your team needs him for the games that matter most?

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I'm going to go off script here - I want to talk about a memorable Oiler memory I have.

Todd Marchant's game winner in overtime vs Dallas in 1997. In fact, that whole game was absolutely electric. Joseph's eye popping save in OT, and then Marchant just turning on the after burners, blowing by everyone and scoring that goal - as an objective third party, that's one of the more memorable non-Canuck games I've ever watched.
I hope we can check 'life stats' after we die. One of the first things I'll ask God is how many times I have watched that Marchand OT goal, cause it's a hell of a lot. That whole game and hours later are seared into my teenage memory banks. Happy times.

Reactions: RegDunlop

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Ridiculous this series hasn't started yet.

It depends on whether you consider another 150+ point, 50+ goal season better than his 153 point, 64 goal campaign but yes, I expect him to flirt with those types of numbers a couple more times in his career.

McDavid is unlike almost anything we've ever seen in the NHL. He's his own thing.
I've seen that before .
Gretz.
Mario
Orr

They were and still are their own thing.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

He’s an amazing player and will play at an elite level likely into his late 30’s.
Could end up the fourth best player I’ve ever had the honour to watch if he keeps this up.
No one is catching Gretzky and Orr in my books. Nor Lemieux.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Eh, that’s mostly true but a lot of that can be attributed to injury or weaker training practices in the past that led to earlier aging or league wide scoring making their later years appear to be lower than they were. We just had two of the best seasons of the past 20 years by players older than McDavid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad