Series Talk: WCSF: (P3) San Jose Sharks vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights

SJ vs. VGK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If Jumbo comes back and Labanc has to slide down I really hope they put Hansen instead, smarter and can skate better make simple plays. Sharks 4th line won games this series, so wonderful.

I don’t think we’ll see Hansen in teal again which sucks because I think having him on the 4th line with Sorensen and Fehr against Vegas would be money.

Reactions: LA Shark

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I don’t think we’ll see Hansen in teal again which sucks because I think having him on the 4th line with Sorensen and Fehr against Vegas would be money.

Banc doesn't get the puck deep and makes to many drop passes, just meh on him right now.

Reactions: Mattb124

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
If Thornton does come back, Labanc is the guy I hope they take out. I wouldn't touch the fourth line right now.

Melker has been okay, does anyone take more big hits than him? Guy gets smashed daily. Labanc just doesn't fit in playoff hockey, he's not there yet. Almost rather have Ward, Hansen, jump in. Guess things will change with Vegas, they're going to be much faster and forecheck like machines.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I posted this in the main board thread, but if I'm Pete DeBoer and Joe Thornton tells me he can play in game 1, I'm putting him on that 3rd line and I'm doing everything I can to get him as many shifts as Cody Eakin as possible. For all the "great stories" on Vegas, Eakin is a guy who has been even worse as a Golden Knight than he was before he got there, and he will certainly get eaten alive by a healthy Joe Thornton. If you can flank Thornton with some combination of Tierney, Meier, Donskoi, Boedker, and LaBanc, that 3rd line will destroy any Vegas 3rd line. In both series against LA that we lost in 7 games, it was Thornton's matchup against Mike Richards that got us the bulk of our "better than the opposition" 3 wins. Remember, Couture had more points than Crosby or Malkin in the 2016 Finals; it was the matchup of Malkin/HBK against Tierney that destroyed us. To me, if we get Thornton out against Cody Eakin as much as possible, we win the series.

Reactions: Phu

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I'm hoping the Sharks pull a Giants 2014 run. Recall in 2014, EVERYONE in the country, maybe the universe, other than Giants fans wanted the Royals to win the WS. But the Giants prevailed.

It would really be something for the Sharks of all teams to break everyone's hearts AND especially for the Sharks to be the ones to show them that playoff suffering.

I’m ready for a Sharks heel turn

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
With the way officiating is going for the knights the sharks are really going to have to outplay the K nights at home to stall one. Should be interesting

Internazionale

Apr 24, 2007
Airdrie, AB
I thought he was terrible. Bad turnovers, giant lapses in composure, and truly pathetic defensive effort on multiple SJ goals. Rakell was carrying that line imo.

I'm surprised Perry and Kessler's names weren't included as well. All 3 were pretty bad, but mind you, Martin Jones was pretty darn good.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Pretty much everyone outside of Duck fans wanted the Sharks to win the series. And next round, I think pretty much everyone else will want Vegas to win.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3