GDT: WCSF Game 6 | Chicago @ Detroit | 5/27 | 8:00 PM EST | CBC / NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I'm thinking tonight is the night where they have to get the job done. I dont like our chances in a game 7 in Chicago. Go Wings :yo:

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
After everyone wrote them off from the start? Seriously I don't think any member of the media picked them to win this series ( 75% of voters on the main board chose the hawks), I don't see how them taking it to 7 games even to lose is anything but good.

We were up 3-1 in this series. If we blow it, then the team deserves the criticism. I don't care how good the Hawks are.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Just saw the re-play of the Bickell hit on Kronwall from multiple angles. That was a hit from behind.

That has been a legal playoff hit as long as I have been watching hockey. Sometimes the refs call that in the regular season but in the playoffs that was a clean hit.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
We were up 3-1 in this series. If we blow it, then the team deserves the criticism. I don't care how good the Hawks are.

But if they were swept they would be free from all criticism though right? :sarcasm:

Lets just be honest, if they don't win the cup, there are going to be some here criticizing.

That has been a legal playoff hit as long as I have been watching hockey. Sometimes the refs call that in the regular season but in the playoffs that was a clean hit.

Common misconception, but the rules in the playoffs are the same as those in the regular season.

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Red Wings NEED to win tonight. This is essentially game 7! We will not win a Game 7 in Chicago!!!!!!!! I cannot emphasize that enough!!

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
But if they were swept they would be free from all criticism though right? :sarcasm:

Actually they'd be free from more criticism for getting swept than for blowing a 3-1 series lead. I didn't criticize the team for losing game 7 in SJ because they were down 3-0 in the series. They had no business winning it. But if you've 3 chances and still manage to throw away the series? You deserve more criticism.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Red Wings NEED to win tonight. This is essentially game 7! We will not win a Game 7 in Chicago!!!!!!!! I cannot emphasize that enough!!

Wings need to win tonight for sure. But even though I've said the same about Game 7. If we lose, lets stay positive for Game 7.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Common misconception, but the rules in the playoffs are the same as those in the regular season.

Yes the rules in the rulebook are the same. However they are indeed called differently than the regular season. I know it, you know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
Yes there will be. Heck some people would complain about getting poor draft picks even if they were to win.

what can i say. some ppl spendig dollars and precious off time to get entertained.
if this doesnt matter i could watch nashville vs avalaunche as well because there is a winner in this game.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Yes the rules in the rulebook are the same. However they are indeed called differently than the regular season. I know it, you know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it.

Don't disagree. But hits like that should be called the same as in the regular season due to safety concerns. Don't want to get in an argument about it. But that was a dirty hit with intent to injure. If Torres got the book thrown at him for that hit on Stoll, then the Bickell hit deserved a penalty. Makes me mad that the hit is being celebrated rather than questioned.

GO WINGS.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Anyone else think it's BS that this game is starting after 8 considering last game in Chicago started after 8:30 our time? Game should have started after 7:30. NHL is catering for the Chicago fan base IMO.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Anyone else think it's BS that this game is starting after 8 considering last game in Chicago started after 8:30 our time? Game should have started after 7:30. NHL is catering for the Chicago fan base IMO.

They're trying to hit a decent timeslot for the whole nation. Gotta think of those ratings, yo.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Toews scores one unimportant goal and hockey media acts like he redeemed himself.

My thoughts as well. Like the people on this board saying now all of a sudden he has awaken. The goal was worthless.

jz68

Feb 13, 2013
I really do not like our chances in a game 7, this needs to end tonight or the Wings are not making the WCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad