GDT: [WCSF GAME 5] | Edmonton Oilers @ Anaheim Ducks | 5.05.17 | 8:30PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundaysleftovers

Feb 28, 2013
Saskatchewan
Lots of negativity on the first page.

Lets go! Before the season started, did you imagine the team being in the playoffs?

Shutting out the San Jose Sharks in two consecutive games, getting blown out 0-7 but still winning a first round playoff series?

In a second round series that's tied 2-2 against Anaheim? Heading back to Anaheim where the team won the first two games?

Win, lose, or refs... enjoy the ride guys. Sheesh.

Good perspective on this playoff drive! It has been a good run so far and it's not over yet!

This is a learning experience for our young guys(mcdavid, drai, caggs, benning, nurse, slep, even nuge and eberle if they stick around).

This has been a great year so far. Hope it keeps going, but all in all it's been great. Enjoy it!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It's still anybodies series, while Anaheim has a clear momentum advantage this series isn't over yet. We've got a ton of guys who are due for goals (Drai, Ebs, Nuge) and hopefully they start cashing in now. There'd be no better time for Nuge or Ebs to pot a couple.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Why the **** do they not keep the same refs for a whole series? Absolutely mind boggling how dumb the nhl is. Same refs, you get relative consistency

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Why the **** do they not keep the same refs for a whole series? Absolutely mind boggling how dumb the nhl is. Same refs, you get relative consistency

I asked this before in another thread and never got an answer. I thought the NHL used to do that; assign a set of refs and linesman to an entire series.

But that obviously makes too much sense. We can't have consistency and one standard. Not exciting enough apparently.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I really need this win...

Went to game 3 on Sunday....we lost
Monday my wife had a miscarriage
Went to game 4 on Wednesday....we lost
And now last night my dad had a heart attack.:cry:

I need a ****ing win Oilers!!!!!!!

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB

Holy **** man, I'm incredibly sorry to hear all of that. That's an awful week.

Let's hope the Oilers pull this one out for you!

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Prob think there would be less bias by switching out the refs.

Hard to know if thats true or not. Not sure same refs can even be consistent from game to game tbh.

letsgo

Apr 12, 2017

What an awful week :( So sorry for your loss, too.

Hopefully this beautiful day, and a great Oilers' effort can shine a little light!

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008

Dude.

Sincerely, I hope things start turning around for you and your family. Tough things to have to experience.

The boys will get it done for you tonight. Go Oil.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Going to the watch party tonight. Looking for 2-4 more tickets for a friend and his kids. Anyone selling, please PM me.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Being the road team and heading into game 5, tied 2-2 is a really good scenario. When the team is skating and hitting we can beat the Ducks on any given night. The problem is that we only show up for 25 minutes/game in this series. Hopefully the team puts in a 60 minute effort tonight.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Sucks having new refs for every game. They really like to put their stamp on a series and manage the crap out of every aspect of the game. There is zero consistency between games and what is a penalty and what isn't, what is goalie interference and what isn't.

As for reviews, there is no reason at all why those shouldn't be conducted by someone in Toronto who has access to every angle, on 80" monitors, instead of the guy who initially screwed up the call trying to decide if he wants to admit he was wrong while looking at an iPad.

83to48

May 6, 2007
On The Halfboards
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ oilers take my energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
______________________________ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ oilers take my energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
__________________________________________________ __________ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ oilers take my energy! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Yup. I'm having a hard time getting excited when all I can think about is how they're going to screw us next. One of two things happens. Either the officials keep ****ing is in the ass, or let up for one game to show how incredibly impartial they are, then go right back to ****ing us in the ass for whatever games are left.

Was there even any rebuttal to it by Oilers coaching staff? What could it hurt at this point.

I will expect the worst, hope for something less.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

You'd think. But I believe they do it to remove bias.

So essentially, NHL officials have confirmed that they allow bias to impact how they officiate games by going with this policy.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You'd think. But I believe they do it to remove bias.

So essentially, NHL officials have confirmed that they allow bias to impact how they officiate games by going with this policy.

Haha yeah that is true.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
What an awful week :( So sorry for your loss, too.

Hopefully this beautiful day, and a great Oilers' effort can shine a little light!

Dude.

Sincerely, I hope things start turning around for you and your family. Tough things to have to experience.

The boys will get it done for you tonight. Go Oil.

Thanks guys...the miscarriage was rough. But now it will be really tough to enjoy the game no matter what knowing my parents were on a road trip to BC when this all went down. He is in the air right now en route to Kelowna to be assessed if he is stable enough to be flown to Calgary. Worst part right now is my mom is driving back to Calgary alone through all this to catch a flight to Kelowna herself now only to possibly have to turn around and go back to Calgary if they transfer him.

Feel so powerless...

GO OILERS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad