• Deploy the fabled 13-5

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I hope Ekholm Bouch are ready for 33+ min. Kulak has been really good in this playoffs as well.
We win this, Edmonton will be completely bonkers Sunday night.
Go Oilers !

I’m actually hoping for Florida to advance to Stanley Cup. Only way we can have home ice
Kulak has elevated nicely. Ceci hasn't. I'm kind of worried about the pairing. In the two Wins Vegas have done a good job of exploiting specific pairs. Even bringing strong forecheck against top pairs. Right now we only have one top pair, and Ekholm has been looking to tire. Been a long season for him and its harder for big D.

Really hope the Oilers offense makes Vegas camp in their back yard. That'll be key. McD really needs to key on puck possession and stop forcing and turning puck over.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Is this the biggest game of the Mcdavid era ?
IMO last game was the biggest.. huge difference between a 3-1 series and a 2-2 tie.

Game 6 would be bigger than this game. Closing out at home or do or die to stay alive. The game tonight is just another playoffs game IMO. Not even a top 10 of McEra

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The best thing they can do is win the game and series. Keep your focus, hit them hard but clean, get in on the forecheck like demons, be incredibly responsible defensively, and keep going at that loser hill in their net. Get to them early and stay on them. f*** the NHL, that :eek::eek::eek::eek: parros, and walkom too -- f***ing former :eek::eek::eek::eek: ref.

Win this game, at all costs.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Interesting. Hague up to the first pair on his wrong side. From a physicality perspective, makes a bit of sense as he can take the pounding, but would be curious how much he's played right side.

Only 6 minutes together so far in playoffs with meaningless stats. 119 minutes together regular season with okay stats, but only 28 minutes vs. elite comp (PuckIQ | Wowy | Nicolas Hague)

1683917274706.png

1683917441170.png

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Louis Debrusk on Stauffer’s show has a drastically different view of the Nurse/Pietro incident than he does on Sportsnet. Called our the league on not suspending Pietro for longer. Said Nurse shouldn’t have gotten an instigator- and called out Parros. Where the F is that passion during the telecast?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Louis Debrusk on Stauffer’s show has a drastically different view of the Nurse/Pietro incident than he does on Sportsnet. Called our the league on not suspending Pietro for longer. Said Nurse shouldn’t have gotten an instigator- and called out Parros. Where the F is that passion during the telecast?
Maybe he got a better look at the situation? Then learned Hague asked Nurse to fight.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Winning formula of a chat gpt message before the game:

>Be me, Skinner's mustache, the notorious fur above the lip
>
>Survive the morning shower, feel like a ship in a storm
>
>Get treated to a fancy grooming routine, feeling suave
>
>Play defense during breakfast, no scrambled eggs or coffee stains here
>
>Experience the thrill of the game at the rink, the scent of freshly cleaned ice and the buzz of excitement in the air
>
>Endure the grueling practice, matching Skinner's intensity with each save
>
>Experience the chilling spray of the water bottle during hydration breaks, frosty like a winter morning
>
>After the game, get the royal treatment, feeling fresh and clean
>
>Back in the locker room, I'm the star, the jokes, the camaraderie, it's all about the 'stache
>
>End the day with a relaxing grooming session, ready to do it all over again tomorrow
>
>Being the mustache of an NHL goalie, it's a wild ride, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
"Its all about the 'stach."

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013

He wants to get promoted. Gotta play the neutral broadcaster role to get there.

Reactions: onetweasy

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They were OK in the Kings series. I remember people were expecting the worst and they called a decent game in that series.

The Oilers will, and should be able to determine which team prevails today. But thats up to the Oilers who unpack an inconsistent game, and its chiefly up to McD who has not been himself to this point in the playoffs. Specifically McD needs to score. Stop with the ridiculous plays trying to beat 4 defenders and passing off to Janmark when you're right on edge of crease with a premium scoring opportunity. Somehow the scoring confidence is off for McD right now. Needs to change. Drai is a bit banged up and lots of mileage. He's been doing most of the digging this playoffs and has slowed down last couple games.
Was just going to say the same thing in the bolded.

They were (somewhat surprisingly) the best officials in that 6 game series so I'm expecting them to call shit on both sides early on in the game to keep it from becoming a runaway train.

On a sad note...I received some bad news an old high school buddy of mine passed away unexpectedly the other day. They are unsure if it was his heart, a seizure (had no history I'm aware of) or an aneurysm and his family won't know for several months apparently. Cory was one of the BIGGEST Oil fans out there and was one of the most friendly, outgoing guys you'd ever meet. When you met him, you had a friend for life.

He also had a thing for car audio so if Jesus builds hotrods, Cory is up there putting the stereo in them. Rest in Peace, old friend.

McDavid and Kane read HFOil confirmed.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

Good. Use the “us against the world” mentality

They were (somewhat surprisingly) the best officials in that 6 game series so I'm expecting them to call shit on both sides early on in the game to keep it from becoming a runaway train.

On a sad note...I received some bad news an old high school buddy of mine passed away unexpectedly the other day. They are unsure if it was his heart, a seizure (had no history I'm aware of) or an aneurysm and his family won't know for several months apparently. Cory was one of the BIGGEST Oil fans out there and was one of the most friendly, outgoing guys you'd ever meet. When you met him, you had a friend for life.

He also had a thing for car audio so if Jesus builds hotrods, Cory is up there putting the stereo in them. Rest in Peace, old friend.

Oh man, so sorry to hear that. My condolences. Hope the oilers not only win tonight, but go all the way for him. I’m sure him and Benny are rocking La Bamba on blast in Colby’s car.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
In Normandy right now trying to figure out if one of the morning cafes may have the game

Check in at Courselles-sur-Mer, that’s where Juno Beach was and where the Canadian Juno Beach Museum and Memorial run by Parks Canada is. The guides are all Canadian university students and for sure one of them will know.

Reactions: Kinibo and capazzo

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Watch them give us dumbass Hebert as a ref.

It’s Lee and Kozari.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Oilers will win for him tonight!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Sorry to hear about your loss my friend. Each day we have is special.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Check in at Courselles-sur-Mer, that’s where Juno Beach was and where the Canadian Juno Beach Museum and Memorial run by Parks Canada is. The guides are all Canadian university students and for sure one of them will know.
Trying to get over there. I nay gave to do a self guided tour. All the tours I see want £200 per tour. And because it is may. Not all tours are running

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad