GDT: WCSF | G1 | Oilers @ Golden Knights | 5.3.23 | 7:30PM | SN

How many goals will Draisaitl Score in the Series, poll closes at 19:00 on game day.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thanks for the GDT @CROTT

Hopefully your streak continues

Let’s see lots of shots

IMG_4832.gif

Reduce Mistakes that risk ourselves
IMG_0168.gif

And let’s see McDavid blow up
IMG_1680.gif

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Most people on here seem to be pretty optimistic about this matchup. But to me, this will be tougher than the Kings.
Stone and Eichel are superior to Danault and Kopitar. So is their depth and defense.
The only thing the Knights are lacking is a Fiala, other than that, they are superior to the Kings in any way I look at it.

One shouldn't overrate regular season statistics against the Knights. During regular season you play the style that will give you the best chance of winning 82 games against all kinds of different systems without adapting to one opposite system in a specific way, you simply don't have time for that.
But in a 7 game series, all you focus on is one system. Do you think the Knights haven't watched and analyzed the series against the Kings? Don't you think they can adapt their style a little?

I'm still positive, though. Oilers in 7.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
We are here in Vegas and saw a couple fans out last night! Was nice saying hi to em. I couldn't get out of work so we're leaving today but honestly I'm so ready.... This city is a blender on all senses. I'm hoping we get an oilers kraken wcf so I can go to those.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Most people on here seem to be pretty optimistic about this matchup. But to me, this will be tougher than the Kings.
Stone and Eichel are superior to Danault and Kopitar. So is their depth and defense.
The only thing the Knights are lacking is a Fiala, other than that, they are superior to the Kings in any way I look at it.

One shouldn't overrate regular season statistics against the Knights. During regular season you play the style that will give you the best chance of winning 82 games against all kinds of different systems without adapting to one opposite system in a specific way, you simply don't have time for that.
But in a 7 game series, all you focus on is one system. Do you think the Knights haven't watched and analyzed the series against the Kings? Don't you think they can adapt their style a little?

I think goaltending is a wash and Stone and Eichel aren't even close defensively to Kopitar and Danault...especially if Stone is still injured

Vegas will make adjustments and so will the Oilers...Oilers have better top talent

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
We are here in Vegas and saw a couple fans out last night! Was nice saying hi to em. I couldn't get out of work so we're leaving today but honestly I'm so ready.... This city is a blender on all senses. I'm hoping we get an oilers kraken wcf so I can go to those.
I'm hoping for Oilers Panthers SCF

1 Oilers home ice
2 Cheaper tickets in Florida

TameYew

Oct 24, 2016

You want to know what the Kings game plan was? Stop McDavid. Guess what? Drai scored a ton. So the Kings said stop McDavid and Drai. Guess what? Kane, Kostin, Bouchard, Hyman, scored. Vegas will win a game or two, but they can't stop everyone. Let's hope that Vegas just says forget about focusing on McDavid or Drai, lets just play our style. That's when the Oilers will feast.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Stone and Eichel are superior to Danault and Kopitar.

Danault is insanely underrated.

Here was Danault vs Stone in the Conference Finals 2 years ago:
Limited Stone to 0 points, 7 shots in 6 games head to head matchup between them:

1683133819529.png

Danault absolutely SCHOOLED Stone. It's not even a contest to me who is the better player between them.

I live in Montreal and saw a LOT of Danault over the years. He is a vastly superior player to any forward on Vegas, and likely the most underrated Center in the entire league.

Here's a more of the breakdown of how Danault absolutely wrecked Stone:

Except from a Sportsnet article:
1683133526466.png

And here's the HFBoards take on Danault vs Stone:

Last edited:

Cagey B

Jul 21, 2021
Vegas will be tough.. perhaps tougher than LA - in a different way. They still have players that give the Oil fits... At least Vegas isnt a diving cry baby team like LA....

Reactions: Biltmore

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Assuming you have family with a US mailing address and Vinnie Viola's horse isn't monitoring the airports to keep all them outsiders (dirty Canucks) out of Florida.
R they actually going thru with that? I do have family in Texas but we r not on speaking terms. FFS
I guess we hope for Canes? Payback 2006

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Goalie battle this series will be interesting to watch. Skinner wasn't bad last series but he wasn't super either. I'm hoping he benefits from that experience and gives us a stronger series against Vegas. Brossoit looks like he has also improved since his Edmonton days... but our offence is lethal and I'm curious how he will fare. Vegas is a pretty disciplined team and doesn't take many penalties... but if that changes, Edmonton's PP is going to rip them up. Oilers also seemed to mature against LA as the series went on. They were very undisciplined and took silly penalties in the first part of the LA series, but that went away after Game 4. Lets hope the Oilers can continue to be disciplined and stay away from the silly between the whistles penalties. Jannmark coming back should help alot... but I'm a little worried about playing 12-6 with Desharnais in the lineup. Vegas has good skill upfront and if they watched video of the LA series, they may focus on attacking Desharnais all series. Let's hope the big guy learned from the first round and can play better positionally. If not, then Broberg should replace him in the lineup.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Who knows. It seems like a stupid idea as how are they going to prevent the second hand market.
I like tix in hand before I go. I was at a game at Sunrise in 2017. We actually clinched playoff birth that night. I got my tickets 8 rows of ice an hour before game time at 35$
There were fellas selling outside but the cops were putting the run to them

I heard they removed those requirements...just not sure if it was after tickets went on sale
Leaf fans will outnumber them 2-1. Its actually cheaper to fly down, stay , and go to game then to attend Leafs game in person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA