GDT: WCSF #5 | "OneGuy - One Goal: One Win" | Oilers @ Flames | May 26 2022, 7:30PM MT | SN, CBC, ESPN/630CHED, FAN960

Status
Not open for further replies.

illegalsmile

Nov 27, 2021
Behind you!
I love the confidence and optimism in this thread...

For me, tonight's match is the first one, of this series, where I'm not 100% confident we've got this. I hope to Christ I'm wrong. I can see this really being a tough one for the boys, Calgary are going to want to follow up on that three goal comeback, from Tuesday. Being at home, they'll be going all-out to prove something and they'll have all the support there to help their mindset. That said, I'm hoping for a large turnout of Oil fans in the crowd again.

I can't escape the thought, "This is a BOA series match up and farce is just part of the course." So, with that in mind, it's also quite likely, we get a 9 goal shutout and Mike Smith scores the winner.

Good luck, boys.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Better than that other dude caught on camera with his Flames fan SO lol

Hey buddy! I know a Flames fan who's questioning her life decisions right now!

Attachments

• 20220524_203059.jpg
    20220524_203059.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 7

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I predicted the Oilers would win in 6 and it won't surprise me if Calgary wins this one and we'll have to go back to finish them off at home. Then again, they seem stuck. McDavid's line wasn't quite as dominant last game and we still beat them. If McDavid finds a way to take over this time, the Flames are done for.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Weird feeling - I think that the Flames are ready to fold like a cheap umbrella. Nothing seems to be working for them and they have not played great hockey in over a month. Their heart and best player (#13) is as good as gone in a few weeks. This could be a 4-1 game with the oilers being on cruise control for the last half of game

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just go out and play a perfect road game. Hopefully we score first, take the crowd out and go from there. We need a greasy game too, luckily we have plenty of those guys.
5-3 Oilers
Actually, I think that could be said for Calgary. I have a feeling that the Saddledome will be swamped with Oiler fans now that they have a chance to clinch so it could get loud for the Oilers if they take an early lead.

I hope the Oilers handle this game as if they're the ones that are down 3-1, play with desperation trying to put this team away now before they gain any confidence because if Calgary wins the pressure then shifts to Edmonton for Game 6.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
So Kane is not travelling with the Oilers? That means he's not playing game 5 or meeting up with the Oilers later for game 5?

Reactions: Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2