GDT: WCSF #2 | "Lost A Battle, Go Win The War" | Oilers @ Flames | May 20 2022, 8:30PM MT | SN, CBC, ESPN/630CHED, FAN960

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
A core injury that requires offseason surgery AND you're still playing him in significant minutes right now???? Seriously???

McDavid is gonna have to go Supernova again and we need solid goaltending to stand ANY chance in this series.
If Nurse needs surgery just give it to him now to prevent any further issues. Nurse is a f***ing liability out there, we would be better if this version of Nurse is out.

Game starts at 8:30 MT so puck drop will be 8:55 MT and the oilers will start playing for real some time after 9:30 MT.

but i still think we find a way to win.
It’s such a late start I’m going to miss the game. It’s a Friday night, got better things to do than wait till 9:30 for the Oilers to start playing

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Woodcroft needs to put emphasis on winning the first shift and playing the players that will actually do it. Just need Hyman - McDavid - Yamo - Kulak - Ceci. No need to reinvent the wheel, and for the love of god no Keith, Bouchard, Nurse or RNH. Just put the players out that aren't stupidity prone and actually have a tendency to remember to compete.

The first shift is more important for this team than any I have ever seen. We win the shift, we have something to build on and feel good. We get buried and it snowballs for us very quickly.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I expect nothing from tonight, with Nurse and Drai both very obviously injured, we just don't have the horses to compete right now. Still looking forward to the game. Too many years without playoffs to stop appreciating them once you have them.
It'll be a good one to watch the highlights of after the game. Or tune in halfway thru when the boys make it to the rink.

Reactions: McDrai

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Saw the Oilers called up Sceviour. Roster's looking a tad bit thin seeing Draisaitl and Nurse's roles diminished.

Hoping we can get some other guys going.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Ok. Who wants to bet a toonie that Smith gets pulled again tonight ?

2014-canadian-2-dollar-polar-bear-security-toonie-coin-1-800x800.jpg

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
48 piece chubby chicken meal for pregame!
Man….. I know this is gonna let folks down here, but I don’t think I’m doing A and W tonight

We are going to Winnipeg tomorrow till next Thursday (won’t be with you folks for games 3 and 4 :( ) so I don’t want to change my stomach getting sick on a 6 hour drive lmao. Shitting on the side of the highway is not something I look forward to 😂

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Not sure why the games at 8:30. I realized it got pushed back to due to Carolinas late start. I doubt that many EST people are going to watch a game starting at 8:30 anyway. NHL makes so many weird decisions.

Reactions: ZJuice and Faelko

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
They definitely broke both our goalies, moreso Kosko. Smith has shown he can shake off a bad performance.
However we also broke their goalie just as bad. I'm interested to see if/how he recovers.

I truly hope Lucic does something stupid penalty-wise and gifts us a goal or 2. 🙏

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad