GDT: WCSF #2 | "Lost A Battle, Go Win The War" | Oilers @ Flames | May 20 2022, 8:30PM MT | SN, CBC, ESPN/630CHED, FAN960

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
BGAhph4.png

LtU7feq.png

Eq6Xhcm.png

GpTTqZH.jpg

p0Snzwy.png

J6JaL7a.png

IA3EwGj.png

yLI8Qhr.png

6PoE0Fi.png

*MoreDifferentS GDTs Inc. reminds you to always use our products in a well-ventilated area*

Last edited:

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'm not going to waste time expressing how much of a disaster game 1 was. We all knew what we saw and we know the team can be better. Game one will be a distant memory if we can win 2.
Sad part is considering how bad we played we still put up 6 with rather ease. I don't expect it to be that easy today

Reactions: CornKicker

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Going to have to win this series with Ceci/Kulak facing top competition. If Woodcroft continues to expose Nurse in that regard, he will continue to get torched.

Not sure if this is viable over the length of a series. Pretty bummed out, but desperately trying to stay positive. McDavid and Smith are literally going to have to put the team on their backs.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Going to have to win this series with Ceci/Kulak facing top competition. If Woodcroft continues to expose Nurse in that regard, he will continue to get torched.

Not sure if this is viable over the length of a series. Pretty bummed out, but desperately trying to stay positive. McDavid and Smith are literally going to have to put the team on their backs.
Woodcroft has to realize that Nurse and Drai are currently liabilities and can't be played in the top lines/pairings. Either reduce their roles or don't dress them.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
hopefully some adjustments have been made and Oilers actually start on time but I'm not holding my breath...
Oilers can win this series if they pay attention to the details

Flames have lost like 10 straight Game 2s, let's keep that streak intact!

Reactions: ZJuice and Anemia

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
We will know with in the first couple minutes of puck drop the out come of this game...
I agree with the sentinent that they obviously need to come out ready.

But they've shown so many times now the ability to come from behind and turn it on that I don't know how you can still say this.

They were down 6-2 last game and wound up at 6-6 in the third.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Do we get lineups at any point before the game starts? I've been searching before the puck drop most games and I never see anything unless I'm missing a media person who usually posts it. Super annoying.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I'd like a W to atleast shut se people up for a day or so. All we keep hearing is how bad markstrom was and how the flames dominated. Yes the flames definitely had a better game but it wasn't like we had roy from 93 In the net either......

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Do we get lineups at any point before the game starts? I've been searching before the puck drop most games and I never see anything unless I'm missing a media person who usually posts it. Super annoying.
Playoffs teams often keep it closer to the chest in a form of gamesmanship

Reactions: The Safe Play

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Don’t dress Drai? Talk about a hot take.
Yeah I think not dressing Draisaitl is a bit extreme. Nurse though, completely agree.

Their roles are already reduced, but they could be reduced even further depending on injuries. Nurse now gets 0 PP time, Draisaitl was not killing penalties.

Oilers are in really rough shape. Take any team in the league and take away arguably their best forward this season (pretty damn close at least) and their best D man, and it's usually bag packing time. I have absolutely rock bottom expectations for this series due to nothing more than the Oilers simply being too beat up. So, I'm really hoping I'm surprised.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
A core injury that requires offseason surgery AND you're still playing him in significant minutes right now???? Seriously???

McDavid is gonna have to go Supernova again and we need solid goaltending to stand ANY chance in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille