Series Talk: WCQF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (P3) Vegas Golden Knights - Part II

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I still can’t believe that goal was upheld.

So often when a goal is being reviewed I think back to it. Like in round one, Ovechkin scored a goal where he poked the puck out from underneath the goalie while also hitting him and it was called back. That play wasn’t even close to the Stalock goal. From my memory (could be exaggerating) I feel like Stalock was pushed back two feet from his initial position lol

That goal straight up led to the Sharks imploding that game. I think I broke my remote after that.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I just watched a video of the Sharks comeback over the Golden Knights.
Can anyone explain or has taken Gallant to task over his complete brainlessness in not calling a timeout at some point of that major powerplay?
The massive elation, the joy and excitement of the players on the ice and on the bench. The eruption of the crowd.
How did he not comprehend calling the timeout? This baffles me.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
I've seen this a bunch over the years. That's how you can typically tell the ref over reacted. I think Jumbo got a match penalty, intent to injure automatic review by league (5 & a game misconduct) in like his 3rd game in teal playing against the Bruins but it was changed to just 5 min boarding afterward. If they don't change Eakins penalty then you know for certain there was no apology.
Exactly.

To add to it, why wouldn’t the league want to exonerate Eakin if they’ve determined it was the wrong call after the fact? Why let this dude live with that for the rest of the summer (or life). One of the biggest single game collapses started because of a penalty you took. The league thinks you didn’t do anything wrong, but they won’t come out and say it? It doesn’t add up to me. Or maybe they did through a super secret phone call to Eakin as well.

It’s not like the league is afraid of upsetting the Sharks franchise out of all teams lol

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Can anyone explain or has taken Gallant to task over his complete brainlessness in not calling a timeout at some point of that major powerplay?
The massive elation, the joy and excitement of the players on the ice and on the bench. The eruption of the crowd.
I wouldn’t be surprised if all the events unfolding in front of him caused him to lose his nerve. Seeing a major injury, a penalty he didn’t agree with, the insane energy from the Sharks, the crowd, it all happened really quickly. When they showed him after the Sharks tying goal he just looked lost.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I think he did after the second or third goal but then argued that he didn't and the refs bought it. lol

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think he did after the second or third goal but then argued that he didn't and the refs bought it. lol

It literally said “TOL 0” next to Vegas on the Jumbotron before he somehow called his second timeout. But I don’t think it was officially announced. So I think he was able to get some time and trick the scorekeeper but the refs never officially acknowledged it.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I'm not sure what's up with Kane but he has can very disappointing these playoffs. I hoped that goal would get him going but he was lackluster the rest of the game.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Let’s not forget that Kane lost a child before the playoffs started. He may utterly emotionally spent and I think that’s understandable, given the circumstances. I can also see him being injured - he’s doing less shooting and deking, and has had the puck slide off his stick a couple of times. Could be a wrist or shoulder injury.

RoloTonyBrownTown

Oct 31, 2018

The exact quote, so you don't give professional crybaby SinBin a click:

(Our) guys played their guts out. I like the way they competed for this organization, for this city. I think it’s a team that people can be proud of, they play hard, they play honest, they don’t embellish, we don’t cheat, we play the game right. We play hard. -George McPhee

Does McPhee even realize who he employs? Because as long as you have Brayden McNabb and MA Fleury on your team, you are not allowed to claim you play the game clean or that you don't embellish.

Not to continue to beat the ever loving shit out of this long deceased horse, but I just love how the Golden Knights organization can be so mad at Couture for losing teeth on a high stick while MA Fleury goes on spin cycle to draw goalie interference; to be angry at Thornton's obviously dirty hit while pretending McNabb isn't trying to injure with way more frequency; to be mad at the officiating when they handed you multiple goals in the series; and to blame anyone but yourself for one of the most epic meltdowns in recent memory.

Like, losing Stalock's pushed-back goal and Stoll's dirty hit on Vlasic were jokes during the LA collapse, but most Shark fans will admit that, hey, that sucks, but maybe try not losing four straight. Of course some fans are going to be salty, but to hear that kind of whining from the highest echelons of the org is just jarring.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The exact quote, so you don't give professional crybaby SinBin a click:

(Our) guys played their guts out. I like the way they competed for this organization, for this city. I think it’s a team that people can be proud of, they play hard, they play honest, they don’t embellish, we don’t cheat, we play the game right. We play hard. -George McPhee

Does McPhee even realize who he employs? Because as long as you have Brayden McNabb and MA Fleury on your team, you are not allowed to claim you play the game clean or that you don't embellish.

Not to continue to beat the ever loving **** out of this long deceased horse, but I just love how the Golden Knights organization can be so mad at Couture for losing teeth on a high stick while MA Fleury goes on spin cycle to draw goalie interference; to be angry at Thornton's obviously dirty hit while pretending McNabb isn't trying to injure with way more frequency; to be mad at the officiating when they handed you multiple goals in the series; and to blame anyone but yourself for one of the most epic meltdowns in recent memory.

Like, losing Stalock's pushed-back goal and Stoll's dirty hit on Vlasic were jokes during the LA collapse, but most Shark fans will admit that, hey, that sucks, but maybe try not losing four straight. Of course some fans are going to be salty, but to hear that kind of whining from the highest echelons of the org is just jarring.

I’m sure Sharks fans do the same. Fandom colors one’s perception; like many things it is very easy to see in others but difficult to see in oneself.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012

this is not a goal. Vegas can cry me a river about bad calls. This and the Stoll hit were bullshit but I still blame the coaching staff and players for that meltdown not the refs

Jesus he literally 2 hands on his stick shoves Stalocks entire body back like 3 feet

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

this is not a goal. Vegas can cry me a river about bad calls. This and the Stoll hit were bull**** but I still blame the coaching staff and players for that meltdown not the refs

Jesus he literally 2 hands on his stick shoves Stalocks entire body back like 3 feet

Oh god I wished I hadn't watched that. Doesn't matter if it wasn't covered, you can't push the goalie into the net. Goalie interference penalty at a minimum. f*** the Kings.

Ol Dirty Pirate

ft. 2 Chainz
Dec 16, 2002

this is not a goal. Vegas can cry me a river about bad calls. This and the Stoll hit were bull**** but I still blame the coaching staff and players for that meltdown not the refs

I almost got into a fight at the bar I was watching that at. Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad