Series Talk: WCQF: (P2) San Jose Sharks vs. (P3) Vegas Golden Knights - Part II

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
They showed a nicer shirt before game 2 of the current series.

59556936_2258333967737864_3651549309221994496_n.jpg

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
finally watched this, very cool he got to meet alumni. was that taco torrey up there too?

Sharks org is great about this stuff. When i was 16 on spring break, my dad and i flew to SJ and watched 5 games in a row (2 home, 1 in LA, 2 at home). We emailed the sharks on a whim and the set us up with a jersey and the whole team signed it (except Marleau, that snake). Got to meet Doug Wilson and some of the other staff as well. Really nice of them to do that for fans from Connecticut haha

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Sharks org is great about this stuff. When i was 16 on spring break, my dad and i flew to SJ and watched 5 games in a row (2 home, 1 in LA, 2 at home). We emailed the sharks on a whim and the set us up with a jersey and the whole team signed it (except Marleau, that snake). Got to meet Doug Wilson and some of the other staff as well. Really nice of them to do that for fans from Connecticut haha

Wow, that is so great! What an experience that you got to share with your pops. :nod:

Reactions: Phu

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone else see that McPhee was replaced as GM right after his whiny comments about the series? I'm wondering if behind the scenes the NHL was pissed that either he let it out that they apologized or that he lied about an apology. Seemed like a very odd thing to do and just be a coincidence...

Reactions: Phu

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I think he technically got promoted because they didn't want to lose the guy who they assigned as GM to another team that was fishing. He's still going to helm the team, at least that's the story I heard.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I don't like playing up the game 7 win that much. If we win the cup sure. If we lose this round, it was a fatal bite.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I don't like playing up the game 7 win that much. If we win the cup sure. If we lose this round, it was a fatal bite.
Gotta respectfully disagree. Obviously the ultimate goal is to win the cup, but when it comes down to it, sports is entertainment. That game gave me more entertainment and range of emotions than I've experienced in sports in a long time. The last two Pats superbowl wins are the only two games that compare, and I'm a sports nut. That's a night I'll remember the rest of my life.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It's going to be very bitter in my book if we don't make it out of this round against a far inferior team. And imho heavily tarnish the whole deal.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I think he technically got promoted because they didn't want to lose the guy who they assigned as GM to another team that was fishing. He's still going to helm the team, at least that's the story I heard.

Yeah the article i read stated that he still makes all the hockey operation decisions lol.

So this new GM is basically just a paper GM who has no ability to make any moves on his own.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad