GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
In the playoffs, your best players has to be your best players, with EP playing this crappy, it's going to be embarassing when both McDrai are revving next round, and there is no Demko to even the odds.

Dtrain88

Sponsor
Oct 19, 2019
In the playoffs, your best players has to be your best players, with EP playing this crappy, it's going to be embarassing when both McDrai are revving next round, and there is no Demko to even the odds.
Maybe we should get nashvilles singer to sing em to sleep before the game

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seems to me, the Canucks look absolutely flummoxed in the offensive zone. It's like everything that was working for them in the regular season has gone AWOL.

But that's the playoffs for you. It's all about making 'adjustments' to counter what the other team is doing to shut you down. Problem is the Canucks haven't made any adjustments. It's just more of the same.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I'm a little worried, I'll be honest. Nashville is going to win these kinda games with a greasy one. We pulled an absolute horseshow outta our asses in game 4 with that comeback.

Petey seriously is making me twitch man. You can't even say he's being checked hard. Someone could literally fart beside him and he'd fall over. Soft soft moody player. Wake the hell up man. 12 million? How much we about to start paying his ass again. holy.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
These are not rookies you'd think they could figure some things out themselves no. This is painful to watch same every shift we go in and keep passing or blocked attempt. Drive straight to net maybe crash bang get some traffic in front. This perimeter nonsense looking for perfect shot sad.

While yes, they're still going to follow the systems put in play by the coaching staff. And Tocchet seems determined to keep the exact same approach and zone entry that hasn't worked consistently in months.

It also feels like the whole system is built around only taking shots they think have a chance to go in over trying to get a dirty goal off a rebound.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
The crowd really is incredible especially because it’s an away game.

It’s like 95% Full, going apeshit absolutely every time silovs does anything lol
If only the team had that same energy. Give the crowd something to cheer for ffs

Reactions: Canucks LB

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Call it what you like, but the zone entries and what F1-3 are doing once there is an obvious a problem. And Tocchet has driven the PP off a cliff.
Again, you beat the forecheck with puck support and we haven't done it or tried to do it.

Definitely need a PP coach, unbelievable that we haven't tapped Gonchars experience.

Again what I see of our offence is so antiquated. No modern concepts at all.

Reactions: TruGr1t

Dtrain88

Sponsor
Oct 19, 2019
Seems to me, the Canucks look absolutely flummoxed in the offensive zone. It's like everything that was working for them in the regular season has gone AWOL.

But that's the playoffs for you. It's all about making 'adjustments' to counter what the other team is doing to shut you down. Problem is the Canucks haven't made any adjustments. It's just more of the same.
adjective
  1. bewildered or perplexed.
    "he became flummoxed and speechless"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad