GDT: WCQF Game 7 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / FSW

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I'm proud of this team either way, this a team laden with rookies, plugs, and a couple of super stars. If we win, I'll be ecstatic, if we lose, I think it'll be good experience for the rookies to take going forward. We match up well against Anaheim, facing Chicago would be much more arduous. As long as we lose in a hard fought game, that isn't decided by some questionable officiating, I won't even be mad. These guys made me proud to be a Red Wings fan this year. Babs and Holland have made questionable decisions, but this team never said die.

With all of that said, let's beat the living tar out of one of these guys. I still dislike Getz and Perry quite a lot.

Well said. Easy to cheer for these guys, and hope to see the season continue.

RedWingsNow*

Anaheim has a solid team. But they;re a bit of a fraud, if you ask me.
Probably the third best team in their division

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Anaheim has a solid team. But they;re a bit of a fraud, if you ask me.
Probably the third best team in their division
Disagree...they had an impressive record against the good teams in the West this year, and were the only team to really give it to Chicago during their season series. They have good skill on their top lines and outstanding speed in their bottom six. They aren't an elite team, but they are pretty solidly built. IMO they're clearly better than Detroit but Howard has outplayed Hiller--Perry should have 5 or 6 goals in this series.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013
Why is Sammy centering the 4th line?

I get that Emmerton has mostly been underwhelming lately but to replace him with Sammy? I don't know if that's a good move at all, but if it works out then Babcock will look like a genius.

I think this a win-win situation for the Red Wings. If the Red Wings win then a series with the Blackhawks could be an appropriate Western send-off for us but with the possibility of making the conference finals, however that's likely a pipe dream. A loss for the Red Wings means that the off-season planning can begin early and we have a higher draft pick. I believe that the Red Wings can catch a falling player at 17.

We've done good so far this season for the man games lost, and the amount of time that the rookies have played. If this is the end then it's an acceptable season given the circumstances. I want the Red Wings to win though, mainly because the Ducks players and fans piss me off.

RedWingsNow*

Disagree...they had an impressive record against the good teams in the West this year, and were the only team to really give it to Chicago during their season series. They have good skill on their top lines and outstanding speed in their bottom six. They aren't an elite team, but they are pretty solidly built. IMO they're clearly better than Detroit but Howard has outplayed Hiller--Perry should have 5 or 6 goals in this series.

Not. Even. Close.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Eaves in, Emmerton out, SAMMY AT CENTER

I'm okay with this. Cory had a stretch this year where he looked like he might produce but lately has been all but invisible while Eaves kicked it up a notch. Sammy has looked okay actually better than I expected

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Why is Sammy centering the 4th line?

I get that Emmerton has mostly been underwhelming lately but to replace him with Sammy? I don't know if that's a good move at all, but if it works out then Babcock will look like a genius.

I think this a win-win situation for the Red Wings. If the Red Wings win then a series with the Blackhawks could be an appropriate Western send-off for us but with the possibility of making the conference finals, however that's likely a pipe dream. A loss for the Red Wings means that the off-season planning can begin early and we have a higher draft pick. I believe that the Red Wings can catch a falling player at 17.

We've done good so far this season for the man games lost, and the amount of time that the rookies have played. If this is the end then it's an acceptable season given the circumstances. I want the Red Wings to win though, mainly because the Ducks players and fans piss me off.
What is Emmerton giving the team though? He's winning faceoffs, and he doesn't bring much in terms of speed, skill or a forechecking presence. I'd argue that even at his age Sammy is better defensively than Emmerton. I don't imagine Sammy playing much center anyway, but I'd rather have him in the lineup, especially in a deciding game.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I don't fault Babcock for sitting Emmerton for Eaves. The guy has turned his game up a notch and brings speed, forecheck, and PK ability. Samuelsson has scored big goals for us in the past, and has 1 in the series.

We just need to make sure we hold a flippin' lead if we get one tonight.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Not. Even. Close.
Howard has faced the bulk of the most dangerous scoring chances this series. Detroit has been forechecked to death, and players like Etem and Cogliano have had several glorious chances. Has Howard been amazing...no. He's outplayed Hiller though.

RedWingsNow*

Ducks fans think so.

Imo they have been pretty even. If I had to choose, slight edge to Howard.

Goaltending has been pretty average for both teams.

Howard seems capable of getting hot (in the first period) and looking awesome. But then he has huge collapses. And I know fans want to give him a free pass for last game, but I don't
Just because other guys make mistakes doesn't mean shots are unstoppable

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
perhaps it's worth rolling these lines...

Zett/fil-datsyuk-abby
franzen-zett/fil-sammy
nyquist-joker-brunner
cleary-bert-eaves

bert is actually pretty decent on draws

A1Portable

Nov 5, 2005
I'm as disappointed with Flipper this season as anybody, but isn't that a play that is made 100x a game? With the expectation that the rest of your team is also playing hockey and properly positioned to receive that pass?

It's not a blind pass. A player makes the reverse carrom pass when he knows a team-mate is behind him. Otherwise, it's a dangerous give-away, as Filppula found out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad