GDT: WCQF Game 7 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 10:00 PM EST | FSD / NBCSN / TSN / FSW

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
I'm fine with Wings winning this game, as long as they don't make it to the conference finals (extremely unlikely either way). I want that earlier draft pick.

mod You want them to lose a series to get a few picks higher? This a joke?

I WANT A DAMN CUP! Turn your Red Wings gear in now, you don't deserve to wear it

Last edited by a moderator:

RedWingsNow*

Valtteri Filppula as a boy

1368055321739.gif

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
mod You want them to lose a series to get a few picks higher? This a joke?

I WANT A DAMN CUP! Turn your Red Wings gear in now, you don't deserve to wear it

To some fans the status symbol of a high HF prospect ranking is more important than the current team.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I thought I noticed Sammy taking some faceoffs last game. Still pretty strange that we are gonna have a 4th line with no real center. Wonder if they'll just doubleshift one of Z or Dats with them.

I don't know who will win, but I don't expect a close game. This series sort of screams Wings/Avs 02, to me. I fully expect one team to absolutely dominate and the other not to show up. I don't think it'll be 7-0 or anything but I'd be shocked if this was a one goal game. Hopefully the Wings end up on top! I really want to see one more Chicago/ Det series, even if we end up losing!

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'm expecting 25 minutes.

I hope so. I know he's getting up there in age. But I always think Pavel should be playing 24-25 minutes in must win games. He's gotta be killing penalties for more than just taking the face off then getting off the ice.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
maybe we'll mix and match a bit. i thought franzen was at his bets in game 6 when he found himself on the ice with bertuzzi and sammy. wouldn't shock me to see that combo on the ice at some point tonight.

RedWingsNow*

I thought I noticed Sammy taking some faceoffs last game. Still pretty strange that we are gonna have a 4th line with no real center. Wonder if they'll just doubleshift one of Z or Dats with them.

I don't know who will win, but I don't expect a close game. This series sort of screams Wings/Avs 02, to me. I fully expect one team to absolutely dominate and the other not to show up. I don't think it'll be 7-0 or anything but I'd be shocked if this was a one goal game. Hopefully the Wings end up on top! I really want to see one more Chicago/ Det series, even if we end up losing!

That's my guess.

You'll see D or Z double shift between Bert and Sammy if we need a goal...
Or between Eaves and Sammy if we dont'

Otherwise, it's PP for Sammy and PK for Eaves.

You might see a Bert-Abby-Eaves line after a PP

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I'm really worried about our young players. The fact that this is a road game really worries me.

Won't be able to do pre ritual tonight. hopefully hockey god forgives me for it.

RedWingsNow*

Positives:
You've always got a shot with Datsyuk and Zetterberg
Nyquist-Brunner is help keeping the pressure on
Hiller looked really week on some of those game 6 goals. Z's game winner was weak. Abby's was weak.
Ducks defense is slow and lacks composed puck movement

Negatives
Ducks seems to be able to score at will when the pressure is on
Ducks are next to unstoppable when they're crashing our D
Getzlaf is a beast
Too many WTF moments from our guys. Win or lose, Detroit is making loser mistakes
Ducks have this playoff hero vibe going with Palmeiri and Bonino

Wildcards
Mule could blow up at any time.
Perry could blow up at any time
Selanne.
Howard

RedWingsNow*

If the Ducks win--- 3 of the 4 western conference teams left will be in California :facepalm:

cupforwings09

Mar 30, 2010
Michigan
I'm fine with Wings winning this game, as long as they don't make it to the conference finals (extremely unlikely either way). I want that earlier draft pick.

Lighten up dude. Just enjoy the game. Your thinking contradicts itself anyway. You don't want the wings to go far in the playoffs because you want them to get a higher draft pick (that probably won't be a player for 5 years), so they can go far in the playoffs in the future? Lol, seems logical....

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I'm proud of this team either way, this a team laden with rookies, plugs, and a couple of super stars. If we win, I'll be ecstatic, if we lose, I think it'll be good experience for the rookies to take going forward. We match up well against Anaheim, facing Chicago would be much more arduous. As long as we lose in a hard fought game, that isn't decided by some questionable officiating, I won't even be mad. These guys made me proud to be a Red Wings fan this year. Babs and Holland have made questionable decisions, but this team never said die.

With all of that said, let's beat the living tar out these guys. I still dislike Getz and Perry quite a lot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad