GDT: WCQF Game 6 - To Live or Die in LA | Puck Drop sometime between 8:15 & 8:30 MT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Here's a man who waits for the end of the frost. I'm getting into the garden this weekend, but I have to admit, seeing my neighbors jump the gun a few weeks ago has made me impatient.
This year has been difficult but theres been times where were out there planting seeds as early as the soil can be digged and allow it. I think the earliest was May2 or something like that in past years. We've been using a lot of compost for years so our soil is all properly drained, easy to shovel, was perfectly ready this year. Worms are out there digging. I think a rule of thumb is when the weeds start growing its ready for seeding. I wait longer for planting the nursery plants like Tomatoes. Getting the rest of the garden in today but maybe not all the seedlings. Cucumbers and Tomatoes dont tolerate much for temp change overnights.

Reactions: soothsayer

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Same prediction until proven otherwise. there's only 3 outcomes.

1. Oilers win big.
2. L.A wins big
3. L.A wins close

Sucks when you only have 1 way to win a hockey game.
Even harder when you don't want to work as hard as the other team.

I think you just reverse jinxed it. Now the boys will win 3-2OT or somethin'

This game has only one outcome: Game 7 in Edmonton

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I've been saying for the past few months that for some reason I would have more faith if we made the playoffs as a wildcard/underdog and were not favored to win our matchup. We always seem to have trouble when we are expected to win (including regular season games to lower opponents), I suppose, save for that San Jose series in 2017.

Credit the Kings for their play, but I definitely think we have been our own worst enemy in this series more often than not, which makes it that much more frustrating when you know the level of which we are capable of playing to. We've seen this same story all too long.
The coup d'état for me was the wife wanting to watch the news and we saw the flamers hilites from last night and its "oh f***, make this go away" I hate newscasts in general these days but when the sports is bad news too I'd rather just change the channel. lol Just can't tolerate these hillbillies winning. Least theres no Flames fans in these parts.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
This is the biggest game all year, if they can keep there cool and play structured they will have a good chance. If they let there emotions take over and get over zealous, most likely similar games to the last 2.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
This year has been difficult but theres been times where were out there planting seeds as early as the soil can be digged and allow it. I think the earliest was May2 or something like that. We've been using a lot of compost for years so our soil is all properly drained, easy to shovel, was perfectly ready this year. Worms are out there digging. I think a rule of thumb is when the weeds start growing its ready for seeding. I wait longer for planting the nursery plants like Tomatoes. Getting the rest of the garden in today but maybe not all the seedlings. Cucumbers and Tomatoes dont tolerate much for temp change overnights.

I usually do everything on May long (quite late) because I cater to my tomatoes and I like to do everything all at once. But I'm going to get my stuff together and start earlier this year.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’d disagree only because that’s what everyone is expecting.

The Oilers Law of Expectations is the opposite of fan expectation, we are currently into negative game outcome expectations, meaning they likely will win tonight to maximize emotional damage to the fan base in the case of a game 7 loss.

There is also a possibility if you look at the Expectrometer that we win both game 6 & 7 creating a euphoric state but then get swept against the flames resulting in “Ralph Wiggim Syndrome”

Either way I’m here for the ride!
Because of what you mention I expect the Oilers to somehow W tonight but after what I've seen interest is still indifferent. I've seen so much of the bolded I feel like tapping out.

I mean how f***ed is it we can all read the bolded and nod our heads like this is a real thing. Sure feels like it.

I'd dress like Charlie Brown to go to the watch party. Somebody would get that...

Reactions: iCanada

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Thats always a risk you gotta figure demorlaizes the team. For three straight years they've had the inferior option in net when in the playoffs. Literally anything can on in on Smith.

Can 97 and 29 out score his bad goals tonight?
I'm sure Smith will help us win it all next year....

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
How many times have the Oilers been the favored team in a series since 1990. I think it's maybe 4 series total (Minnesota 91, San Jose 17, Chicago 20, Winnipeg 21). Pretty limited sample size there.
Heh... not so subtly showing my age there, I guess.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Like I was saying I watched a lot of footage. Vast majority of people were wearing the Jerseys. The newer kits. lol that the last Jersey I bought was Ryan Smyth. The one with Letter and Oil rig worker patch. I like that jersey. But nobody is wearing those older kits. I don't even like Orange. I like oranges. heh.

tbh I wouldn't have anything Orange in he closet.

But yeah, why bother creating the atmosphere. What does it do? Look at the way the club played in game 1 and 5, at home.

i guess not being from the US I don't really comprehend tail gate party type things and such. I'd rather stay home tbh and just watch on tube and I can turn it off anytime I want. What happens if one is at a watch "party" and one is compelled to just say f*** it. How does that look? heh

The feeling that compels me I guess is were the Game 1, 4, 5 experiences a good time? Did people leave happy with the atmosphere? I seem to have more pleasure sitting out on the deck or campground watching the sunset.

bah humbug ;)

I'm with you on how I prefer to watch now (felt different in my 20s). It pisses me off that these games have been so late and/or the weather hasn't cooperated as I'd love to watch a game on my deck with the fire going, but younger generation enjoys the party atmosphere, so good for them. I know my kids really want to go there, but I'm not letting them go when they might not get home until 1AM or worse especially on a school night

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I think you just reverse jinxed it. Now the boys will win 3-2OT or somethin'

This game has only one outcome: Game 7 in Edmonton

Man I hope so. I think if they win big they lose game 7. They've proven in games 4 and 5 they have consistency issues when it comes to effort/composure/resolve.

They have the skill but haven't shown the will.

Haven't won a 1 goal playoff game since 2017. Seeing them win in OT would at least lend hope they aren't a bunch of scaredy cats f***ing up every important moment in the last 3 years of playoffs. When the going gets tough.. the Oiler don't get going.

Goals Scored When the game is tied this series.
LA Has 7 goals scored when the game is tied. 3 times in game 1, 1 time in game 4, 3 times in game 5
Edmonton -has 2 goals scored when the game is tied. 1 in game 3, 1 in game 4

When the game is tied and shit is on the line.. we've got our asses handed to us 7 times of 9. There's a mental or emotional issue with this team. They only play well when up a goal.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I believe last game's loss was my fault - I was sitting on the wrong side of the couch. My wife also left partway through the first - the moment she got on the steps, the Kings scored. I have had a heart-to-heart with her about staying until the period ends.

I'm going properly crazy with superstition.

On another note - Kurri or McDavid jersey today?

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Havnt looked at anything Oilers related since the last loss. Fk this team, 6-1 kings. If we are being outshot/played i the first 5 min again om turning it off.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Because of what you mention I expect the Oilers to somehow W tonight but after what I've seen interest is still indifferent. I've seen so much of the bolded I feel like tapping out.

I mean how f***ed is it we can all read the bolded and nod our heads like this is a real thing. Sure feels like it.

I'd dress like Charlie Brown to go to the watch party. Somebody would get that...
Yes Sir, I guess we will see. Even if one year the Oilers were to win it all, I’d probably wait a couple hours to make sure the NHL didn’t come up with some way to nullify the win, I’m joking of course.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So I was watching the woody presser and he's just panning off what Nurse did there heatbutting Danault and getting a suspension for a deciding game.

Woody, smiling like a Cheshire Cat (just something puts me off about this guy) says "Oh no, how I could I fault Nurse on that play, that wasn't intentional, that wasn't on purpose, he didn't mean to do that"

I have trouble with mistruths. Its like saying Mike Tyson didn't intend to bite Evander Hollyfields ear twice in a fight. It was just like accidental you know. ffs.

One of the problems I have with Woody is just he doesn't call out anything. I like Nurse but that was f***ing stupid and the suspension is deserved. Way to be selfish Darnell. Guess we're not paying you enough to be responsible.

But then Woody says "Oh but Darnell plays with such physicality and passion, it just boils over"

lol This is the worst I've seen Nurse play. Really I wouln't mind the hits, or riding people off pucks, but I could do without head butts which have nothing to do with hockey.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yes Sir, I guess we will see. Even if one year the Oilers were to win it all, I’d probably wait a couple hours to make sure the NHL didn’t come up with some way to nullify the win, I’m joking of course.
On a serious note though it sure sucks in sports now how a goal or TD or whatever is scored and you have to wait for accountants and officials to review the call and figure out if this is good for the Leafs or Flames at all...;)

It removes the spontaneity of elation. Scoring is no longer an instantaneous rush. Now we have to wait for the puck to drop to feel good about things..heh

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
So I was watching the woody presser and he's just panning off what Nurse did there heatbutting Danault and getting a suspension for a deciding game.

Woody, smiling like a Cheshire Cat (just something puts me off about this guy) says "Oh no, how I could I fault Nurse on that play, that wasn't intentional, that wasn't on purpose, he didn't mean to do that"

I have trouble with mistruths. Its like saying Mike Tyson didn't intend to bite Evander Hollyfields ear twice in a fight. It was just like accidental you know. ffs.

One of the problems I have with Woody is just he doesn't call out anything. I like Nurse but that was f***ing stupid and the suspension is deserved. Way to be selfish Darnell. Guess we're not paying you enough to be responsible.

But then Woody says "Oh but Darnell plays with such physicality and passion, it just boils over"

lol This is the worst I've seen Nurse play. Really I wouln't mind the hits, or riding people off pucks, but I could do without head butts which have nothing to do with hockey.
I 100% believe that woodcroft says what he needs to behind closed doors and never throws his players under the bus in the media. It how you build the trust of your players and reflects in their effort so i fully expect a full effort tonight with a 5-1 beating on the kings. Sat night game 7 at home.... LETS GOOOOOOO

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Havnt looked at anything Oilers related since the last loss. Fk this team, 6-1 kings. If we are being outshot/played i the first 5 min again om turning it off.
giphy.gif

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad