GDT: WCQF Game 6 - To Live or Die in LA | Puck Drop sometime between 8:15 & 8:30 MT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
The most Oiler thing that can happen will be a dominating 5-1 win. The draw us back in and we are pumped for a game 7 at home where they have no choice but to show up and have an advantage.

But they lay the biggest of eggs in game 7 and we are all mad/sad and emotionally crushed.

But if that happens then that mean we win tonight! And hockey predictions are like the weather, hard to predict!

GO OILERS, I know you won’t hurt me this time!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The most Oiler thing that can happen will be a dominating 5-1 win. The draw us back in and we are pumped for a game 7 at home where they have no choice but to show up and have an advantage.

But they lay the biggest of eggs in game 7 and we are all mad/sad and emotionally crushed.

But if that happens then that mean we win tonight! And hockey predictions are like the weather, hard to predict!

GO OILERS, I know you won’t hurt me this time!

Your bottom sentence reminded me of this scene lol.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Would prefer Foegele with nuge and Ryan we know that works well.
Archibald on the 4rth (why is he playing at all? Misses a year of hockey and they throw him to the wolves in the playoffs?)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If the Oilers don’t come out to play within the first couple minutes, it’s over. Straight up. They need to play desperate instead of f***ing sleepwalking like they have the past two games.
If they can't get up for a game when facing elimination then it's time to blow this core up, seriously. 5 straight games of not showing up to start should be enough motivation to not do that again one would think.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If they can't get up for a game when facing elimination then it's time to blow this core up, seriously. 5 straight games of not showing up to start should be enough motivation to not do that again one would think.
I still think you give this core a shot with actual competent management/scouting, but if they fail to show up again then questions should be asked.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
This will come down to Connor and Leon willing the team to a win. I have faith. The rest of the team needs to play with energy and play a tough, physic game. I for one think Nurse's absence is a blessing in disguise.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
a small glimmer of hope left..
fools-hope.gif

come out hard and desperate...no one is feeling sorry for us and there's no more excuses

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilers are a good enough team to win the next two games and advance to the next round, but the Oilers need to wake up tomorrow and decide that’s what they want to do. There’s a lot of anger towards management and coaching right now but we saw what the team they assembled was capable of over the last two months. For whatever reason the players in the room cannot bring the game that they did in that period. It’s insanely frustrating to watch and have no idea which team will show up: the team that looks capable of winning the West or the team that looks like they should’ve been in Tuesday’s lottery. Here’s to hoping the former is the one that shows up for this one.
I agree with this. The team may not have the best roster top to bottom in the league, but they've shown at times that when they play the right way they can take on all comers.

You can assemble the best roster in the league (not saying we have), but if the individual players put in an effort like the one we saw in the first period of the last game, it doesn't much matter who they are.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
@Ginger Papa great GDT as always!

@Drivesaitl I couldn't answer in the pre game thread cause it was closed...regarding your controller disconnected comment on McD...if I remember correctly McD was over a minute on the ice while Kempe was a shift fresher and only seconds on the ice...so I can admit you are right but with this context it's not as bad of a play as it seems.

@ALL This game screams OT again just like the jets series...hopefully this time with better outcome.

With all due respect somebody in the other thread mistakenly stated McD had been on the ice for two minutes. In a prior post I corrected that it was 70 secs and if McD is somehow incapable of making a defensive play at 70secs in shift then he shouldn't be out there on shifts that have lasted much more than that.

I don't think it was fatigue that prevented McD from making a basic pinch along the boards. But I don't know what it was.

In anycase it was remarkable how easy it was for Kempe to slice in there, cut through the D, across Smith and tuck it home. Yet another example where if we don't have forward back coverage, or levels of D, or slowing people down that speed and hands like that is overwhelming for our D. I mean imagine if our D was having to face Connor McDavid, Drai, and Kane breaking in. I wonder how they would do. In any case its a bit ironic that Kempe scored there on a McDrai type of play. To beat us in OT.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’m trying really hard to remain optimistic besides all evidence to the contrary. I don’t want the season to be over yet and I so badly want to see these men be successful. For the fans and for themselves. Fingers crossed.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
What I think is a good strategy is to go 11 7.

Our defense specifically Keith has been a weak spot and we need cover in case Broberg Keith are struggling.

The forwards are scoring that's not a problem.

Also would suggest mcdavid and drai have a ton of ice time if it's a tight game mcd around 25 minutes and drai 23 minutes.

Last they need a good start so have your energy guys out there first few shifts. Lots of Mcdavid drai Hyman Kane.

Need to be dominant the first 10 minutes and force la to weather the storm.

At the end of the day I'm sorry to say I bet even Connor is thinking can we out score all the mistake Keith and Smith are likely to make. All we can do at this stage is hope they are none tonight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I don't have much faith.
I have a weird feeling about this. I feel that the Oilers could pull out one W in LA. Without Nurse in the lineup. That somehow they will respond to that *adversity* But I feel the same club would lose game 7. The underlying feeling I have about the team, which has returned, is distrust in it. One really gets the impression that this group is just content with making the playoffs, showing up, and one series and done and get out the golf clubs. In each of the past post seasons there has been games where the team basically took the game off, were outplayed, didn't have jump. I can absolve that in regular seasons. I have no idea how a team doesn't get up for 3/5 games in a series and isn't ready to start 5/5 games. Not exciting enough?

In retrospect, and I'll say this whatever happens I realize I've been fence sitting on this club. Not ready to get too enthused about the playoffs. Certainly not getting the flags out myself, or spending 250bucks on a jersey (always surprises me how many people will) just a disconnect from the whole shebang.

I was watching videos from the Ice district and from Ford Hall, watch parties. EVERYBODY has jerseys on, or 90% of people. I watched that and said to the wife. "I'm just not into paying around 500 bucks for two new jerseys and I don't even like the current kits. So that to me its become so fashion faux pas type thing. I've never been a dress up person whatever the attire is supposed to be. From suits to formals, tuxes. Any place that requires such garb doesn't entice me to go. So that sociologically its amazing to me that even going anywhere near the rink has become some sort of night at the opera where you have to have the high prices fashionable attire on and it better be the CURRENT in fashion threads or you'll look out of place. I dislike conformity or uniformity. Going to a place where there was unwritten expectation that everybody wear the same thing just puts me off.

Years ago I watched the team in person at games wear Stanley Cups wearing Jeans and a top. Whatever was comfortable. Back in the day few people actually bought and wore jerseys at games. It was a working class sport. Get off work, quickly get ready, go to a game. None of this face painting and bright orange wigs, and expectation of jerseys. Part of the appeal of a game back then is you could just buy a ticket and go to a game. not much prep expected. No Oilers uniform expected.

Anyway thats my yelling at clouds rant today. Not BUYING in. The extent I follow now is watching the games on telly. Thats it, thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia