WCQF Game 6: Jets @ Blues l 7PM (CBC,TVAS2, NBCSN) l Home Cookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
Jets join a few other teams which fell by the adage "its not where you finish, it's how you finish". Blues just out-played them badly this game but Hellebruyck kept them in to the finish. The final score was not indicative of the play. So Jets, Tampa, Calgary and likely 2 of Nashville, San Jose and Boston fall by the way-side.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I look forward to Dallas beating St Louis and making them look like a joke.
Why would you want that? If Blues win the cup, at least you could say "Well, at least Jets lost to the cup winner". If Blues look like a joke, what people will say "Blues are really really bad and Jets still lost to them? Imagine how bad they must be!". I don't get the logic in wishing ill to the team that you lost to.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
In your honest opinion, would you agree with my assessment that Hellebuyck was (at least slightly) the better goalie? I know SV% would say so but that stat means bupkis in 7 games.
Blues hockey when they are playing their game doesn’t need the best goalie to win games. We just need solid, consistent goaltending. We made Elliott and Halak look good when they were here, when we imposed our game on other teams! Binnington has consistently been good enough for us to win critical games to let us make the playoffs and is now good enough for us to win playoff games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Winnipeg played pretty well until this game, and even looked like the better team at times. They put up a fight, but Blues were better. I think Maurice has to go, the players looked lost under him during the season and he couldn't get things together when it counted.

I hope the Blues go far, they have a very likable team

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Blues hockey when they are playing their game doesn’t need the best goalie to win games. We just need solid, consistent goaltending. We made Elliott and Halak look good when they were here, when we imposed our game on other teams! Binnington has consistently been good enough for us to win critical games to let us make the playoffs and is now good enough for us to win playoff games.

That's a very good take, I'm inclined to agree greatly with. After all, your team's weak spot has been goaltending for a long time. You don't need a great goalie, even "decent and steady" should be more than enough. As you proved in this series, now that you seem to have it.

Reactions: Borderbluesfan

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Ugh, this is a very unfortunate development. No matter, it ends in round 2.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Good luck to the Blues. Jets should be embarrassed, never seen a team lack so much urgency in a playoff game.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
What an unfortunate decision Maurice made in the first 23 seconds of the game. He most likely would have won the "other" one.

Next up hopefully..... a good old Norris rivalry match up.... it could actually be an all-Norris final. Man that division had some pretty dominating years.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad