WCQF Game 6: Jets @ Blues l 7PM (CBC,TVAS2, NBCSN) l Home Cookin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I blame Trouba and his brain dead play in the final seconds of game 5 for this series loss.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Thorough and convincing beatdown in this series.

Maybe technically upsets, but all of Columbus, Colorado and St Louis completely outplayed, outclassed and outworks their opponents.

Reactions: Doothpick

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Good series. Helly really showed up tonight too, well most of the series actually.

It was a series where bookies around the world were literally split on who was the slim favorite. And for 4.99 games of a best of seven it was really exactly a toss-up. As a degenerate gambler I'm very happy I had money down on it, even if I'm tossing out some slips tonight.

And yes, I'm glad that Hellebuyck showed he was a legit playoff goalie. I'll give you credit, Binnington showed me he is a legitimate starting caliber goalie.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
You cant say that. In that alternate reality, Blues dont try to sit on a 3 goal lead and what happens is anyone's guess

Of course. But when a team wins an elimination game by one goal, and score one goal that shouldn't have counted is more then a little annoying.

That said the Blues dominated that game and deserved to win.

Dec 15, 2002
It went one way because we have a goof coach.

A good coach would have had his team close out a 2 to 0 lead in the 3rd of the 5th game by having his team play proper defense.
If, if, if.

Reality: Blues win in 6. Quit being that bitter, sore loser that whines incessantly about unfairness and how your team really should have won.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Thorough and convincing beatdown in this series.

Maybe technically upsets, but all of Columbus, Colorado and St Louis completely outplayed, outclassed and outworks their opponents.

Don't mistake the game 6 beatdown as being at all representative of the first 4.99 games of the series. Until that Trouba brain fart it was anybody's series, exactly as the billions-of-dollars in brain trusts called it.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
yikes. Jets are no good man. Time to accept that. They just aren't a good team. And doesn't look like its getting better anytime soon. Stuck in mediocrity.
Agreed 100%

Can't see the Jets being anymore than 1st round fodder going forward.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Binnington is overrated and he will be exposed in the 2nd round.
I look forward to Dallas beating St Louis and making them look like a joke.

You might want to take the advice that you gave before this series started:
tntkid said:
The Jets need to make the Blues fans humble.

Be-Humble-760x500.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I think Hellebuyck was not as bad as a lot of Jets posters stated, but Bennington seemed to face tougher shot the first 5 games of this series, even though his stats are worse I think Binnington has the slight edge

That's a fair assessment. I'll be envious of course that you'll have a chance to prod this thesis further but I have to wait until next year.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia