GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He's like Holmstrom only less graceful and less effective...it makes sense, right?

So does this basically mean they're not going after Clarkson or Horton this summer? They're going cheap on the power forward role...I'd be alright if you could get at least 20 goals from Abby.

I think a lot will ride on how they feel about their center position. It seems Flip is asking for more than the Wings want to pay, so he's likely gone. If we want to keep Z&D together next year, we're going to be looking for a center first and foremost. Considering their ages, and Helm's recent injury woes, we might want a guy who can at least lineup at center in a pinch just as insurance.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Absolutely hate Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line. How the heck is it that our 3rd and 4th lines are better than our 2nd easily. Poor Lashoff, cost us Game 5 and now probably won't play again this season barring someone getting hurt. That's gotta be tough to blow another opportunity

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't now. Right now it doesn't unfortunately. I think they need to be seperated and Flip put on the wing. Lashoff cost us more than game 5. He sucked all season. And Babs should have known that.

RedWingsNow*

Absolutely hate Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line. How the heck is it that our 3rd and 4th lines are better than our 2nd easily. Poor Lashoff, cost us Game 5 and now probably won't play again this season barring someone getting hurt. That's gotta be tough to blow another opportunity

Dude is 22 or 23 and got a three year one-way NHL contract.

For a guy of his ability, he'd doing fine.

Imagine how Ian White, who stepped in and did a nice job with this team last year, feels... And what does his press box vacation do to his value this offseason? He'll be lucky to get $1.5M a year

RedWingsNow*

Uh oh, Cleary playing injured? Is his effectiveness going to drop from what it has been for the rest of the season?

Dan Cleary's got about as much life left as I had when I left Deathclaw Sanctuary

crashman

Imagine how Ian White, who stepped in and did a nice job with this team last year, feels... And what does his press box vacation do to his value this offseason? He'll be lucky to get $1.5M a year

I thought it was strange how White seemed to lose favor with Babcock this season, especially after playing pretty well last year. But, there must be something to it if the guy keeps getting tossed around this league. He's played for 5 different teams, and it might be 6 come July. That's a lot.

Actual Thought*

See this is why the Tigers are currently better than the Red Wings. Players like Cleary would be gone by mid season, let alone in a key spot in the playoffs. That's what bothers me about Holland and Babcock at the moment, there are obvious fixes on this roster to make them their very best and I'm just a lifelong fan. I wouldn't even be complaining about the present talent that has been assembled which could be better, it's just the best players aren't playing or aren't in the right spot. No reason Cleary should be in over Eaves and Tootoo, no way

Brandon Inge
Ryan Rayburn
Nuff said.

Actual Thought*

I thought it was strange how White seemed to lose favor with Babcock this season, especially after playing pretty well last year. But, there must be something to it if the guy keeps getting tossed around this league. He's played for 5 different teams, and it might be 6 come July. That's a lot.
This is true. Definitely some information Babs has about White that we don't have. I would also say based on Babcock's comments regarding Eaves that he might be banged up.
“I ask myself the same question,'' Babcock said. “He played good, does what he’s supposed to, runs over people and a real competitive guy. But because I know more insider information that I’m not sharing with you, I have to have other guys to cover up for other people just in case they can’t survive.''

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

Sure makes you wonder if he's not a locker room problem. He has decent ability but can't seem to stick anywhere

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Sure makes you wonder if he's not a locker room problem. He has decent ability but can't seem to stick anywhere

White's been a known locker room problem for years, part of the reason he's played for 4 (soon to be 5) different teams.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I think RWN hit the nail on the head, they'll come out flying but it won't be enough, Ducks win.

The only way I can see them winning is if the D suddenly stops making stupid mistakes under pressure and/or Z, Pav, Mule, and Kronner go full beast mode.

That being said, I'd love to be proved wrong.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
This is true. Definitely some information Babs has about White that we don't have. I would also say based on Babcock's comments regarding Eaves that he might be banged up.
“I ask myself the same question,'' Babcock said. “He played good, does what he’s supposed to, runs over people and a real competitive guy. But because I know more insider information that I’m not sharing with you, I have to have other guys to cover up for other people just in case they can’t survive.''

That didn't take long. Maybe it's a bit undeservedly pessimistic, but it took Eaves just forty games to break down again. If he is hurting again, I hope it's nothing serious or above the shoulders.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Brandon Inge
Ryan Rayburn
Nuff said.

4484463140_9a1c949e9a_o.png

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

Signing Lashoff when they did was such a knee-jerk move. That defensive was such a disaster that any guy that came in and looked like he could walk and chew gum at the same time made him stand out.

I get that DeKeyser wasn't in the picture at the time so what was the purpose of signing him to an extension then? If he worth that deal now? He's not a top 6 guy and he's can't exactly waste away in GR. They should've at least let this entire season play out before doing a move like that for Lashoff.

Actual Thought*

The decision is between Abdelkader, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi - it's not like Abdelakder is playing on the first line over Hossa or Parise. I think if there was truly a slam dunk better option it would be someone else playing there.
This^^^^^

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Why no Eaves? Those 2 wings games Ive seen this series, he has been one of your best players..

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I fell the pressure is on the ducks because they do not want to see a game 7. Just like we did not want to see a game 7 a couple years ago.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
The moment you set foot on that ice, they'll be watching you like hawks. Blackhawks with video cameras.

3-1 Ducks :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad