GDT: WCQF Game 6 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4 min
Based on the skate looks like Eaves is out tonight as Abdelkader returns

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3 min
Samuelsson moved to Eaves' spot on line with Emmerton and Bertuzzi.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3 min
Looks like Colaiacovo might be in tonight in place of Lashoff.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1 min
Here are lines they're skating with: 40-13-8, 93-51-11, 14-63-24, 44-25-37; and on D; 55-52, 27-2, 28-4

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 22 s
Daniel Cleary is playing tonight in Game 6. #RedWings

Scratching Eaves says to me that Babs is going all-in offensively...glad he doesn't dare break up that 3rd line. I hope he can keep that 4th line away from the Etem line...those guys will skate circles around Bert and Sammy.

The Wings put up 40+ shots...I can see this either being a blowout win for the Wings or the Ducks steal this one late because Hiller goes crazy.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Uh oh, Cleary playing injured? Is his effectiveness going to drop from what it has been for the rest of the season?

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 22 s
Daniel Cleary is playing tonight in Game 6. #RedWings

Collective sigh of relief

crashman

Absolutely hate Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line. How the heck is it that our 3rd and 4th lines are better than our 2nd easily. Poor Lashoff, cost us Game 5 and now probably won't play again this season barring someone getting hurt. That's gotta be tough to blow another opportunity

Honestly, he shouldn't have been out there in the first place. Although I wasn't shocked to see Babcock choose him over White and CC for the last game, I thought it was a bad decision. I think CC is our best option.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
See this is why the Tigers are currently better than the Red Wings. Players like Cleary would be gone by mid season, let alone in a key spot in the playoffs. That's what bothers me about Holland and Babcock at the moment, there are obvious fixes on this roster to make them their very best and I'm just a lifelong fan. I wouldn't even be complaining about the present talent that has been assembled which could be better, it's just the best players aren't playing or aren't in the right spot. No reason Cleary should be in over Eaves and Tootoo, no way

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
Honestly, he shouldn't have been out there in the first place. Although I wasn't shocked to see Babcock choose him over White and CC for the last game, I thought it was a bad decision. I think CC is our best option.

I can hear Babcock: "Those ******* over on HFBoards say I never play the kids, rely on the old, rusty vets. So, I play Lashoff and they are STILL not pleased. I give up. Thank God Abby's back, he's real better. Where's my scotch?"

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
That's been my fear: that Abby is cemented in as a top 6 first line fixture now.

He's like Holmstrom only less graceful and less effective...it makes sense, right?

So does this basically mean they're not going after Clarkson or Horton this summer? They're going cheap on the power forward role...I'd be alright if you could get at least 20 goals from Abby.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's like Holmstrom only less graceful and less effective...it makes sense, right?

So does this basically mean they're not going after Clarkson or Horton this summer? They're going cheap on the power forward role...I'd be alright if you could get at least 20 goals from Abby.

The decision is between Abdelkader, Samuelsson and Bertuzzi - it's not like Abdelakder is playing on the first line over Hossa or Parise. I think if there was truly a slam dunk better option it would be someone else playing there.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Great GDT.

I'll be missing tonights game... heading to see the Mariles and Griffins duke it out :D.

Go Griffins!
Let's Go Red Wings!

Make it 7.

Sameheda

Sep 28, 2011
Texas
That's been my fear: that Abby is cemented in as a top 6 first line fixture now.

He's pretty much replaced Holmstrom, so I don't know why you're surprised or upset. He's a dude that'll stand in front of the net, and will retrieve pucks along the boards. The end.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Dear god if Abby is in top6 next year or even for the duration of his contract.

lirl, yeah. I'd be fine if he was on the 2nd line if we had the group of forwards the Hawks have, for example. But if we have what we have (and maybe minus Datsyuk?) moving forward, we need to be looking to bring in some talent, not promote the likes of Abby. I worry about this at night.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
No changes on Defence according to Khan, From Babcock's comments it sounds like Abby will be back on the top line. No word on who is sitting out could be Eaves, Emmerton, Cleary Samuelsson or Bertuzzi.

I'll update as soon as I know.

So wait, Lashoff is still in? Cause it says Cola in all the lineups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad