GDT: [WCQF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.18.17 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Pavelski, the guy diving around all game gets in Russell's face for that high stick. Sure.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Any excuse for these refs. Unreal. Why no penalty for the gouging by Pavalski? Just brutal. A little to much by Maroon.

I'd like to see team come out for the third with their heads in this game.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I know this is a loss but just show some life in the 3rd. I don't care if we lose 10-0. Just start laying out some Sharks. It's clearly obvious the reffing will not go our way.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
McLellan lost control of his bench in that period.

Not his fault but he needs to get this team back in line and he needs to do it quickly.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We are getting our ***** handed to us, at least take the body hard in the 3rd. ****ing embarassing effort tonight.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Went to the mains, to the Draisaitl spear thread, read someone say that was the worst spear they've ever seen in their life, left the mains. Gonna be such a **** show tonight.

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
How will the Oilers respond in the post-goon era? Even only a few years ago, the standard response in such a blowout would have been to start throwing haymakers, the perfect example of "violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

If they could close the gap with 2 or 3 quick goals in the third, it would lessen the effects of what will still likely be a loss. On the other hand, if the Oilers have 10 or more pucks metaphorically lodged up their ars*eholes by the end of the game, the Sharks will have a much easier time of it the rest of the way.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
All I hope for the 3rd is that every single Oiler runs every Shark player any chance they get... make them go into rexall bruised and battered that's what veteran teams do. Wouldn't mind if Lucic or Kassian grabbed someone and pummelled them whether they are down to fight or not.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I only wish Leon did that to someone more important

He did it because Tierney was holding Klefbom's stick half way through the second, ripped his stick out of his hands and skated away. After the whistle, you could see LD yelling at the refs and they were ignoring him.

He was frustrated, and that's reasonable. He just needs to take it out in a smarter way.

I don't blame him, as he's made it clear that the refs have been ****ing awful and have been reffing against us all series. He feels it too.

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
This is the bullet through the skull for this playoffs... you don't "bounce back" from this. How you come out this flat , and stay totally flat, for the stanley cup playoffs just blows my mind.

I think we now see why SJ got rid of McLellan. Not exactly a playoff motivator.

Actually, it's pretty simple. This game is lost. Come out strong in the third and build off that momentum going into the next game.

These guys are competitors. Whether we're all conditioned from the last 10 years or not, we've seen these guys compete all year long.

They still have home ice. The Oil will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad