2rTW2.png

2rTW3.png

2rUh6.png

2rTW6.png

2rTW5.png

Last edited:

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
*Zack Kassian is the first Oilers player to score game winning goals in back-to-back playoff games since Fernando Pisani in 2006.
*Cam Talbot hasn't allowed a goal in 120 minutes
*Edmonton's penalty killers are outscoring Jose's power play 2-1 in the series.
*Connor McDavid's 16-game point scoring streak came to an end in Game 3.
*Leon Draisaitl doesn't have a point in the series yet. McLellan moved him to centre on the third line in Game 3 to offset San Jose's size down the middle with the return of Joe Thornton.
*Edmonton has held San Jose to six shots or less in five of the last six periods.
*Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had five shots in Game 5.
*Oscar Klefbom led all Oilers in ice time with 24:44.
*Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski, Logan Couture and Joe Thornton have combined for one assist through the first three games of the series.

Lead us to glory, crazy eyes Kassian!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Anyone know if the Oilers are going to go "back" to the traditional line up or the new lines they had by the end of last game?

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Cripes, about time the GDT is up! It's the afternoon!

IN THE PLAYOFFS!

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Anyone know if the Oilers are going to go "back" to the traditional line up or the new lines they had by the end of last game?

I really hope they stick with the new lines. At home you can go Mcdavid Drai when you have last change but it's just too easy to shut down when you are not in your barn.

Oil gotta bury this one. I believe if the Oil win this game, it's over in 5 when they head back to Rogers. That arena will be INSANE.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oilers need to come out swinging tonight. A chance to knock off the Sharks in Edmonton on Thursday would be huge.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Sharks come out hot, but McDavid scores on a first period break and kills their momentum.

2nd line continues their effective checking, and contributes a goal. (Lucic goes 5-hole)

Klefbom and Letestu each pot one on the powerplay

Talbot is a wall again, but lets in an unlucky deflection late, when the game is over.

4-1 Oilers

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Heh. Stauffer mentioning that the Oilers hit the ice a few minutes ago for practice, and the lights are still out in the building.

He made a comment about it being "part of the gamesmanship". Shenanigans by the Sharks?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Excited to see more of Slepy with McD. His meat and potatoes, straight ahead game and heavy shot that can score from further out is the perfect compliment for McDavid.

I also like the Drake-Drai-Zack line. I think Drai sees the scoreboard tonight.

4-1 Oil. The next time we see Cali it's game 1 in Anaheim.

netzpretz78

Jun 27, 2016
Heh. Stauffer mentioning that the Oilers hit the ice a few minutes ago for practice, and the lights are still out in the building.

He made a comment about it being "part of the gamesmanship". Shenanigans by the Sharks?

Didn't that happen for their morning skate before game 3 as well? Worked last time...:yo:

optimism

Jun 28, 2015
Edmonton
Ken Hitchcock on playing the Oilers: "I'm not sure it's a lot of fun playing Edmonton.., 'cause you're playing 23 players and 1.5 million people."
You tell em Hitch
Good feeling about tonight.. Bring it back home with the elimination game in front of this crowd and watch how loud it gets.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Just want to see another good defensive game, and I feel we're in a good spot.

If I'm embracing the fanaticism, I have a feeling we're going to see a 2-point night for McDavid. Let's put a couple more through Jones' fiver and really get them off their game!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
3-1 with an empty netter which Klef... does not score, Eberle does.

Jun 9, 2011

These are the things that add depth to the game. Haha. Draisaitl and his pregame shot to the net, stealing a puck important to the other team. Love these types of tidbits from the media.
go oil :pcheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->