GDT: [WCQF GAME 4] | Edmonton Oilers @ San Jose Sharks | 4.18.17 | 8:00PM | SN | II

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Line up needs to be changed up fresh legs injected into series. Bring up Lander in for Desharnais who has been **** poor for a long while Insert Puljujarvi for Draisaitl because he will get a game min.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Big deal, we've done the same thing here. Lots to me mad about tonight before we get to the fans.

Agreed. We probably would've done the same. This loss blows but thankfully we banked a win in game 3. Now we just need to win our 2 games at home and we win the series. McLellan better take advantage of the match-ups at home for once.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Draisaitl hopefully gets a game. Maybe the night off means he'll do SOMETHING.
McDavid showing his immaturity by letting Pavelski rattle him.
All around sad effort. I don't know why I came back for the third period.. guess I thought they'd score at least one

This is a dumb assessment. Draisaitl is in his first playoff, yeah he's going to take sometime to figure it out.

McDavid didn't Pavelski talks alot, that's about it. He's frustrated because he can't find the offense.

Yeah, generally when you lose 7-0 it's pretty sad, go to bed.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Agreed. We probably would've done the same. This loss blows but thankfully we banked a win in game 3. Now we just need to win our 2 games at home and we win the series. McLellan better take advantage of the match-ups at home for once.

Again, I wasn't commenting on the fans. I was commenting on the mentality of the players. When you get chants like that it should light a fire under you, and if not, then something's wrong.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Loosing one game like that doesn't even come close to not playing any playoff games in over a decade.

Refs should be embarrassed

Who gives a flying **** about the Refs?

We just lost every battle, every fight, every microcosm of the game. We just got **** kicked like an AHL team would have. They scored early and often and ran our show physically.

We have to be 239084723940% better. That was a draft lottery effort, not a playoffs effort. We were **** all over the ice. We had ****** forechecking, ****** offense, we got dominate physically.... literally men against boys out there.

We can't even learn anything from that game aside from we need to be better than an ECHL team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Line up needs to be changed up fresh legs injected into series. Bring up Lander in for Desharnais who has been **** poor for a long while Insert Puljujarvi for Draisaitl because he will get a game min.

Bring in Hendricks and Puljujarvi. Slepyshev and Desharnais sit.

Gotta say that I have been very underwhelmed by Russell in this series.

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016

We just lost every battle, every fight, every microcosm of the game. We just got **** kicked like an AHL team would have. They scored early and often and ran our show physically.

We have to be 239084723940% better. That was a draft lottery effort, not a playoffs effort. We were **** all over the ice. We had ****** forechecking, ****** offense, we got dominate physically.... literally men against boys out there.

We can't even learn anything from that game aside from we need to be better than an ECHL team.

Go for a nice long walk lol

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bottle this feeling up and unleash it on the Sharks on Thursday. We didn't even take the body hard in the 3rd. Complete belly showing game from the Oilers. They better come out jacked in game 5.

I'm fine with them not showing anything in the third period. The game was long gone by then. I'd rather them save their effort for the next game.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Again, I wasn't commenting on the fans. I was commenting on the mentality of the players. When you get chants like that it should light a fire under you, and if not, then something's wrong.

Agreed, like I said, bottle it up and unleash it on them in game 5.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm fine with them not showing anything in the third period. The game was long gone by then. I'd rather them save their effort for the next game.

I would've started to take some legal runs on guys. I was very disappointed with our physical play in SJ.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
This is a dumb assessment. Draisaitl is in his first playoff, yeah he's going to take sometime to figure it out.

McDavid didn't Pavelski talks alot, that's about it. He's frustrated because he can't find the offense.

Yeah, generally when you lose 7-0 it's pretty sad, go to bed.
We're never going to agree on Draisaitl. He has done nothing. Look at that Leafs team and tell me why their rookies are doing so well in the playoffs.

You're telling me McDavid interferes with Pavelski in blatant and dumb way because he was mad at his dry spell?

Just because you're parents are telling you to go to bed doesn't mean you should turn around and do it to others.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Sekera was insanely horrible tonight. Nuge was our best player.

Just win the next one, that's all that matters now.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
No, there's no history with Leon. Chris played it up to be worse than it was. Still a stupid play and deserved the game ejection.

I find it funny how you can crosscheck a guy in the back of the neck, or two hand him in the back of the legs or across the hand and it's just a regular old penalty....jab a guy on his jockstrap and it's this major offence...lol

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I find it funny how you can crosscheck a guy in the back of the neck, or two hand him in the back of the legs or across the hand and it's just a regular old penalty....jab a guy on his jockstrap and it's this major offence...lol

Because TESTICLES

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

I hate it when the officiating dictates the game. The whole reputation of playoff hockey is different, was only evident in game three, games 1,2 and 4 was completely one sided.

randomrob7

Aug 30, 2013
Also, Maroon and Drai must be injured. There is something up there, these are big competitive players who should be excelling in these games.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016

Going to the nether regions is a big no no, everybody knows that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad