GDT: WCQF Game 4 | Anaheim Ducks (1) at Calgary Flames (WC1) | Apr. 19 10:00pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The game was pretty much over after Elliot let in that softie

I doubt GG's ability to coach from behind.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
But they did do you not remember? Veteran leader Troy Brouwer who can sure turn it up in the playoffs. I mean the guy is absolutely elite, just a fantastic signing by management.

40 point guy who is supposed beast in playoffs because he was with some good teams in past (all of which were happy enough to let him go elsewhere for suckers like Calgary)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I didn't expect us to make a deep run or anything, but man.. A sweep is just downright embarrassing. And now we have to live with it until fall :laugh:.. Ugh, Go Sharks.

Fair to say that the final outcome doesn't match the pace of the series. Games 2, 3 could have easily gone to the Flames with some puck luck.

Ducks earned the win though, credit where its due.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
As always, the seasons been a blast on here though :clap:

Time to fade to black, you can catch me talking **** on the main boards a couple times a week ;).

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I don't get the Hamilton hate. He took terrible penalties in the first two games but I thought he was either our best or second best D-man. I also think he was our biggest scoring threat this game.

Gaudreau and 3-M under performed hugely and it hurt us because we couldn't score at even strength. This team needs to play their game if Gaudreau was taking his time instead of throwing the puck away because he was afraid to be hit we likely get a lot more chances.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
c27b9b7ac6ec39e83da003a2ec609c4e_sponge-bob-drinking-bleach-drinking-bleach_400-400.jpeg

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Well, I think it's fair to say the overwhelming consensus was that we were a bubble team this year, which held true, but it still stings a bit.

You always want your team to win, but it is what it is.

Go Sens!!

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
Gibson was fantastic, other than that 3rd game. GG became a joke after the Boston game. Monahan did good, core players were underwhelming, bad players were really bad. Kind of forgot about Tkachuk.

**** everything, even if the season went as I expected. It sucks.

western redmen

the forgotten owskis
Jun 7, 2012
Ok i concede, gaudreau was outright useless today, i thought he was invisible for 3/4 games. If elliott didnt suck so hard, gaudreau and tkachuk would be whipped hard rn

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
At least this series killed the notion that Monahan is a player who's "carried" by his linemates.

Better luck next year. **** happens.

It didn't kill the notion, because I think that notion used to be accurate to a degree (not that he was "carried" so much as Gaudreau being the driver of his line). But he was extremely good in this series, and if he continues playing this way there won't be anyone accusing him of being second fiddle to Gaudreau in future.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I know I wont be wanted here but good season and hard fought series Flames fans. The bad goaltending and bounces made the series 4-0 but we all know it was closer than that.

Watching the series has made me more a fan of Monahan than I already was. Was your best forward in my opinion.

Hope to see you guys again and next time for another good series. I was nervous every game.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I don't get the Hamilton hate. He took terrible penalties in the first two games but I thought he was either our best or second best D-man. I also think he was our biggest scoring threat this game.

Gaudreau and 3-M under performed hugely and it hurt us because we couldn't score at even strength. This team needs to play their game if Gaudreau was taking his time instead of throwing the puck away because he was afraid to be hit we likely get a lot more chances.
Agree with just about everything.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I know I wont be wanted here but good season and hard fought series Flames fans. The bad goaltending and bounces made the series 4-0 but we all know it was closer than that.

Watching the series has made me more a fan of Monahan than I already was. Was your best forward in my opinion.

Hope to see you guys again and next time for another good series. I was nervous every game.

Posts like this are always welcome. Thanks and all the best the rest of the way!

You guys earned that plain and simple, flawless road game to close out the series.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Thanks y'all for being a pretty great fanbase. You guys represent Calgary well.

I think the Flames deserved a better fate. Even with average goaltending, I'm pretty certain this would not have been a sweep.

Monahan is a beauty that's for sure. Good luck to you guys in the future! Young team...I'm certain you'll be back and better than ever.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary

Yeah, Dougie is our 2nd best defenseman and a solid 2D who is a 1D in the making. He looked good out there just took some unfortunately timed penalties so the emotional short-term memory fans turned on him.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I am going to outright admit I didn't watch tonight's game, just checked my phone for updates every once in a while. After Game 3 I figured there was probably a 0% chance of them taking it to 5... I would imagine I have a pretty good idea in my head of how this game probably played out anyways, as it's seemed to fit an all-too-common narrative for this year's Flames.

That being said, a sweep should never happen with a team like this - especially considering how a substantially worse group took a game against the Ducks two years ago. I would like to keep Gulutzan, and I'd also like to see how the players respond through the first half of next season - but I am more open to trading a core piece than ever before after this embarrassment of a series. Hope it doesn't have to happen, but whatever makes us a contender.

On the upside, playoff Monahan is a thing now. Glad we have that guy at the steering wheel.

Just wait till next year, Charlie Brown

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

You're one of the good ones Unholy, I have no issue with you and a couple others like you slipping by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad