GDT: WCQF Game 4 | Anaheim @ Detroit | 8:00 PM EST | FSD / CNBC / TSN2 / KDOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTT3*

Quick question, do you guys think you will stick with same line up? You guys were successful at Anaheim then you guys decided to put your best line against ours and your best 2 players were -2.

You think you will match our top line again or change it around?

They'll stick to the same line match. One of Wings weakness this years to a fault has been coming back home from a road trip and playing only 30%. That was clearly a problem we saw in that game, Wings just didn't have any zing. I'm sure they will all go into BEAST mode tonight. Also, I think the lost of Abdelkader will make the Ducks play more loose. This series is probably going to 7 games.

RedWingsNow*

Z-Datsyuk-Sammy
Franzen-Flip-Cleary
Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner
Eaves-Emmerton-Bertuzzi

Wings are breaking all kinds of young guys in. And instead of protecting them, Babcock throws them to the fire.

Nyquist-Andersson-Brunner -- that's a disaster waiting to happen.
Lashoff-Smith on the PK
Lashoff-Kindl at even strength

Sometimes your rookies make rookie mistakes -- and all the protection in the world won't help them (Brunner giveaway).

Sometimes, you can avoid costly mistakes by protecting your guys. (goals 3 and 4).

For one, you shouldn't have Lashoff in the lineup at all. But if you must, don't pair him with Smith on the PK for ****'s sake.

Kronwall-Kindl
Smith-Ericsson
Quincey-Lashoff

On the PK:
Kronwall-Ericsson
Quincey-Smith/Lashoff

Easy enough

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
At this point, I will be happy with a decent showing in these next games. I just don't believe we have the talent to go much further.

Go Wings

RedWingsNow*

As much as I can't stand Sammy, he's a better option than Abdelakder

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Yes! Was my favorite. I split a gut laughing at that one.
Awesome job!
Huge game. Might even say must win!

I'm predicting a 3-1 Wings victory, featuring goals by Franzen, Datsyuk and Kronwall and also featuring, as you so hilariously mentioned, the tears of Teemu Selanne! Love it!

The Tears of Teemu. I love it. :laugh:

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
If Babcock really wanted to be "tougher to play against" then there is absolutely zero reason for Tootoo to be scratched. Heck, if they gave Abdelkader a shot on the top line, why not Jordin?

He did have 30 points last year, in Nashville of all places. And had 74 points in 51 games his final year of junior. Plus talk about opening up space for Pavs and Z.

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
If Babcock really wanted to be "tougher to play against" then there is absolutely zero reason for Tootoo to be scratched. Heck, if they gave Abdelkader a shot on the top line, why not Jordin?

He did have 30 points last year, in Nashville of all places. And had 74 points in 51 games his final year of junior. Plus talk about opening up space for Pavs and Z.

This. Although Babs' argument would be they need to score goals and Bertuzzi gives them a better chance at that than Toots.

RedWingsNow*

Would love this. What you say makes all the sense in the world. But Tootoo is too tiny for SizeQueen.

He's not Raffi Torres, but he can be nearly as effective

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Must win. Lose and this series is over.

Feel good about tonight with no Gator. Hopefully Bert takes his spot. Him not playing in several months is still better than Gator playing the entire season.

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
yup. 22 produces when that is whats expected of him. problem is we only seem to use him as a 5 min a night "go hit everything" player.

i think his passing is very underrated, and he doesnt lose the puck in the tough areas. for some reason i can see him working well with pav.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Ducks goals by period this series

1st - 1
2nd - 2
3rd - 8

What it looks like

Oa2NB.gif

Where's our 3 goals?!

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With the idea of Sammy going to play with Hank and Pavel...why not just bring back the old line of Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson? I thought the whole point of bringing 37 back was because he's got chemistry with Hank and he's the token righty on the 2nd PP unit.

Put Flip back with Datsyuk...they've got chemistry as well. Bert would've been the natural fit with them if he had been playing up to this point. Cleary probably is the default third man on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad