GDT: WCQF Game 4, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:30 VGK lead series 3-0

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I have to admit, as a Vegas native born and raised, I’m really disgusted with the Vegas fan base here.

The amount of gloating over this series is ridiculous. We’ll see how this fan base survives a few lean years.

Really disappointed in the hockey fans in my city. I can understand some chirps, but things are becoming insufferable here. And the greater hockey world is definitely to blame after months of sneering at hockey in Vegas.

We’ve created a monster.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I have to admit, as a Vegas native born and raised, I’m really disgusted with the Vegas fan base here.

The amount of gloating over this series is ridiculous. We’ll see how this fan base survives a few lean years.

Really disappointed in the hockey fans in my city. I can understand some chirps, but things are becoming insufferable here. And the greater hockey world is definitely to blame after months of sneering at hockey in Vegas.

We’ve created a monster.

They have yet to taste bitter lean years. Glad I’m not constantly around them. Hoping San Jose shellacked them......er you know, if we lose.

Just win.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
It’s time for the coach to break the mold he has created, and communicate to the players that he wants them to take chances, get up the rink, and play some pond hockey. We need to find out how Vegas might respond to something different. He needs to put Carter on wing with Kopitar, use Kempe as 2c, Amadio as 3c, put Amadio with Brodzinski and Andy.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
sorry hans didn't realize the gulls were out, been lamenting the big clubs, very little like gulls/reign like the last couple of years very passionate fan base down south I game last year I accidently got tickets in 119 for a game holy crap was that a mistake and my wife who doesn't quite enjoy the exchanges as much thought some were especially the guy with the gull head and noise makers didn't enjoy him at all lol
i think locals are pretty stoked on hockey being back in town cause the WCHL gulls were f***in good but went out with such a whimper after the merger

had season tickets when i was a kid, was always a ton of fun

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
At least I have the Padres to look forward to this summer... (shhh, don't tell me).
feels like the padres are finally making some minor moves towards not being a AAA club, might actually bring myself to watch a few games this season

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
Just ****ing break out offensively, even if just for 1 game. I want to see a 4+ goal game. If we lose, i hope its like 5-4, I don't think i can take another 1 goal loss where we only score 1 or 2.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Just ****ing break out offensively, even if just for 1 game. I want to see a 4+ goal game. If we lose, i hope its like 5-4, I don't think i can take another 1 goal loss where we only score 1 or 2.

It's just pathetic to look back at a Playoffs and not have a single highlight to smile at.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
It's just pathetic to look back at a Playoffs and not have a single highlight to smile at.

This is my own fault.. but it makes me feel like an idiot watching 82 games, putting in all that time only for them to get swept and score a handful of goals. That probably says more about my life priorities than anything regarding the kings.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
This is my own fault.. but it makes me feel like an idiot watching 82 games, putting in all that time only for them to get swept and score a handful of goals. That probably says more about my life priorities than anything regarding the kings.

Right there with ya, brother.

And 2015 was pathetic - yep. I never said it hadn't happened before! :(

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
All this immediate success could be a curse for Vegas and their fans in the long run. Can't blame them for their attitude in the meantime, hope they enjoy it!

Reactions: johnjm22

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Hi! Haven't been posting a lot last few years but I feel like I have to today. Kopitar's gonna take over this series starting tonight and Kings will advance to next round. Go Kings go!

you haven't posted a lot like... ever... let alone the past few years lol

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i drink whiskey when i cry i die but alive happy jpeg gif best played naked something something....

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Uluj0n5.gif

Reactions: riznat

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
They just showed Doughty break up a 2 on 1 then go the other way to start our own 2 on 1, Pearson then proceeds to shoot high and wide. Thats the series in a nutshell. Nobody can hit the net when the chances are there.

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017

During the last few seasons I have found that the DVR has helped lighten the load, as have many others, I'm sure.

Pattern recognition and FFWD X 4 are wonderful gifts for current Kings fans.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can think of only two specific instances where the Kings generated quality scoring chances from the middle of the ice. Kopitar in the first OT period, which he shot wide. And Toffoli in Game 3, late in the 2nd period, which he shot directly into Fleury.

And that's it. This team is not making it difficult for Golden Knight defensemen. They need to get more shots from within the dots, and Kings defensemen need to be a considerably better job of getting shots through and generating shots that can be deflected or create rebounds. How often have we seen this team generate second or third scoring chances caused from loose pucks in front of the net? Barely any.

If we see the same strategy employed by the team from the previous three games, then we can expect to see them shaking hands when the final buzzer sounds.

To be fair every time someone DOES go into the slot they get crosschecked in the lower back or ribs...and we're not allowed to do it back.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Before the Cups I was just happy to make the playoffs. Now my expectations are to win the cup every playoff. I think there needs to be some balance between the two obviously. One win in two series hasn’t been enjoyable but LA is playing in April even if a lotto ticket is probably better than a sweep. At least we aren’t Ducks fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad