GDT: WCQF Game 4, (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) LA Kings @7:30 VGK lead series 3-0

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
BELIEVE

DaPGNYQWsAAfLew.jpg:large

Regular Season Stats:

Vegas Golden Knights(51-24-7, 109pts, 1st in Pacific) @ Los Angeles Kings(45-29-8, 98 pts, Wild Card1)
Staples Center| Los Angeles, CA
TIME: 7:30 pm PT | TV: Prime Ticket/NBCSN/CBC | RADIO: 790 KABC

Previous Meetings:
April 15 VGK 3-2
April 13 VGK 2-1
April 11 VGK 1-0
FEB 27 LAK 4-1
FEB 26 LAK 3-2 (OT)
DEC 28 VGK 3-2 (OT)
NOV 19 VGK 4-2

VGK lead the series 3-0

:kings:vegas
PP/PK17th/1st11th/12th
Faceoffs17th24th
Leading ScorersAnze Kopitar: 35 goals, 57 assists, 92 pointsWilliam Karlsson: 43 goals, 35 assists, 78 points
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Possible Lines*
:kings
SDl3TxZ.png

ILIsF3K.png

zPW5sH7.png

Extras: Andy Andreoff, Johnny Brodzinski, Michael Amadio, Kevin Gravel, Paul Ladue
Injuries: Derek Forbort
Not-Eligible: Sheldon Rempal, Daniel Brickley

JUST SCORE SOME ****ING GOALS

:vegas
AqOIvCq.png

XwLhLrk.png

llvVXT8.png

Injuries: David Clarkson, Mikhail Grabovski
Extras: Ryan Reaves, Oscar Lindberg, Luca Sbisa, Tomas Tatar

David Perron came in for Tomas Tatar in game 3.

*Lines are not Final! Lines subject to change*

Playoff Pump Up HF user created videos!:

By @Blikian29

By @Kylo Ren

News/Notes:
L6S7qTQ.png

*from LA Kings playoff media guide
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/297865588/binary-file/file.pdf
  • The LA Kings are 12-30 in game 4 of a playoff series. The Kings have only won 1 series when trailing 3 games to 0 (April 30, 2014)
  • Jake Muzzin and Drew Doughty returned to the lineup Sunday night and provided much needed stability on the blue line. The Kings played their best game in the series, but yet still fell short. Kings started game coming right ouf the gates hitting everything they saw, but as the game went, probably got too comfortable. Cody Eakin tied the game at 1 followed by 2 more goals coming from James Neal and William Karlsson. Kopitar got a late goal to pull it within 1, but it was far too late.
  • The Kings were among the best teams in the league when leading after 2 periods losing only twice in regulation and once in overtime with 27 wins.
  • Marc-Andre Fleury went 29-13-4 this season for the Knights with a 2.24 GAA and .927% save%. He has won 3 Stanley Cups with the Pittsburgh Penguins and has started in 113 playoff games. In the playoffs he is 62-51 with a 2.65 GAA and a .908 save%
  • Jonathan Quick went 33-28-3 this season with a 2.40 GAA and a .921 save% with 5 shutouts. He has won 2 Stanley Cups with a Con Smythe win in 2012. He has appeared in 81 playoff games and has a 2.27 GAA and a .921 save% with 9 shutouts. Quick made 23 saves out of 26 in game 3.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Lines from dailyfaceoff.com

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
One game at a time and anything is possible. They've looked beatable, especially last game. Just don't get swept for a start. Gotta at least drag the series out.

Maybe Blake can target some fundamentally unlikable guys in the off-season, seems crucial in the new NHL.

#newNHL #loveablebandofcastoffs #voynovinvegas

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

OldGreatWestern

Aug 27, 2008
Kings need to play with some swagger / skill / creativity. Not just dump and chase and hand pucks over to them. Can't simply grind out wins anymore in this league.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
This is the end, beautiful friend.
This is the end, my only friend, the end.
Of our elaborate plans, the end.
Of everything that stands, the end.
No safety or surprise, the end.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just don't want to spend the rest of eternity hearing from bandwagoning upstarts saying they swept the Kings their first season, and have to hear it every year until the Kings beat them in response in the playoffs.

On one hand, they're an easy team to root for with the persistence and never-say-die thing they've had all year. I'll whine till I'm blue in the face about the cheap shots and diving though.

But as happy as I am for the city in general after all it's been through, I can't stand when all fans have known is success. It's the first-year Colorado Avalanche all over again, with somehow even more cockiness.

Reactions: yankeeking

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
On one hand, they're an easy team to root for with the persistence and never-say-die thing they've had all year. I'll whine till I'm blue in the face about the cheap shots and diving though.

But as happy as I am for the city in general after all it's been through, I can't stand when all fans have known is success. It's the first-year Colorado Avalanche all over again, with somehow even more cockiness.
It's not just the cockiness, it's the arrogance as well. Like people were coming at me on twitter gloating about breaking many expansion team records. Like you want a banner for that?

They are gonna get bitched slapped in the second round. SJ/Nashville/Winnipeg are all better.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad