WCQF Game 3: Winnipeg Jets (2) at Minnesota Wild (3) 7 PM ET | SN, TVAS, USA, FS-N+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Did not expect anything less from the Wild. 6 or 7 games series. Not sure who will win.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Goals for alone is not everything. Every good chance the Wild get (Heck some goals weren't even good chances) turns out to be a goal. Whereas there have been countless chances where Winnipeg should have scored that didn't happen. Yes at the end of the day the score is all that matters, but what I'm trying to imply is those that use this game as a reason why the Wild will win in 6 (Da ****) are being delusional. If the Wild and Jets play the exact same way as they've played this game for the rest of the series, it'll be a lot closer, and the Jets could still win a game or two. Wild have been better today but not 6-2 better. Whereas Jets were way better than the 3-2 and 4-1 that they've won at the MTS centre.
What are you on about?

Reactions: Devonator

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
Goals for alone is not everything. Every good chance the Wild get (Heck some goals weren't even good chances) turns out to be a goal. Whereas there have been countless chances where Winnipeg should have scored that didn't happen. Yes at the end of the day the score is all that matters, but what I'm trying to imply is those that use this game as a reason why the Wild will win in 6 (Da ****) are being delusional. If the Wild and Jets play the exact same way as they've played this game for the rest of the series, it'll be a lot closer, and the Jets could still win a game or two. Wild have been better today but not 6-2 better. Whereas Jets were way better than the 3-2 and 4-1 that they've won at the MTS centre.
Wild are dominating in the same way the Jets did game 2

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Last year the Sharks beat the Oilers 7-0 after losing 2 in a row

Oilers beat the Ducks 7-1

Preds beat the Pens 5-1

It happens when good teams play pissed off and are comfortable at home. Im not too concerned about the result, but if Myers is injured long-term that is a huge blow, suddenly half of our regular 6 dmen are out which will probably be too much to overcome if we get through this series and want to beat the Preds..

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Yup. 100% credit earned in my books. I thought the Wild were doomed and the big bad Jets were just getting started.

For all of Boudreau’s playoff woes, one thing he doesn’t do is get swept.

Only once has he ever gotten broomed (2011 vs Tampa Bay)

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
While I'm not surprised that the Wild were not going to get swept (they didn't break 100 points by accident), I am surprised that the Jets are down this badly. Hopefully we can get a split out of these road games!

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wild are dominating in the same way the Jets did game 2

How? They've been stuck in their zone many times. Every good chance they got turned out to be a goal. Yes they are the better team tonight, however Jets in games 1 and 2 were hammering the Wild in their zone and the Wild could barely even get the puck to the center ice at times.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Last year the Sharks beat the Oilers 7-0 after losing 2 in a row

Oilers beat the Ducks 9-1

The 7-0 game came after consecutive Cam Talbot shutouts and 9-1 was after THAT 3rd period collapse in which we thought EDM would not get off the mat

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
How? They've been stuck in their zone many times. Every good chance they got turned out to be a goal. Yes they are the better team tonight, however Jets in games 1 and 2 were hammering the Wild in their zone and the Wild could barely even get the puck to the center ice at times.
Okay haha

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Did not expect anything less from the Wild. 6 or 7 games series. Not sure who will win.
2 best home teams in the league. I'm sure winnipeg will be better next game but this depends on who can steal one on the road. As happy as I am with the wild this game, we're still a game and a period away from keeping pace.

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
Who was just interviewed on CBC?... Nick??

Is he camera shy or something?... seemed to stutter and not comfortable at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad