WCQF Game 2: Los Angeles Kings (WC1) vs Vegas Golden Knights (1) | 7:00 PT |ATTSN, NBCSN, CBC, TVA

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Fantenberg-Martinez
Phaneuf-LaDue
Gravel-Folin

is not going to get us anywhere positive.

Honestly I think I'd rather play Kopitar on D tonight.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I wanna puke when I see Martinez and Fantenberg paired together. Hope Phaneuf can channel his younger days in this game and blow up a Knight or two.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Fantenberg-Martinez
Phaneuf-LaDue
Gravel-Folin

is not going to get us anywhere positive.

Honestly I think I'd rather play Kopitar on D tonight.
I doubt Kopi is gonna leave the Dzone at all. Remember how we were all chuckling a few games ago when the kings were down to 4 dmen and Martinez said post game if they are ever short on D they'll use Kopitar or Lewis....yeah we might see it happen if our dmen get penalties tonight.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
If the Knights have speed, and still hit tonight this is gonna be fun. Nite Kings. Maybe Dion can finally earn some of that money.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
At least we aren't paying Bieksa :laugh:
If it weren't playoffs I'd agree. Was really more of just a basic knock on Dion than anything. I'm actually hoping Bieksa plays. One of the few Ducks fans who don't completely hate him. He brings some thing to the table, imo.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
my team please win because i live you and when your sad i cry. Breathe win relax live repeat. First in best dressed naked. please be whiskey jpeg pgt

Reactions: Kylo Ren

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Lol it was recently released that if the kings are ever short on D either Kopitar or Lewis can play. Not out of the question.
I'd like to see Lewis get a shot. One of the few Kings I like.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lol it was recently released that if the kings are ever short on D either Kopitar or Lewis can play. Not out of the question.

Would murder our offense but I wonder how Kopitar would do with guys dumping the puck into his corner. God knows he starts every shift behind the glass behind our net anyway

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Well, game 1 went as expected. Fleury kept pace with Quick, who probably had the tougher saves to make, Bellemare and Nosek were very good at shutting the Kings down, even being intentionally paired against the Kings top line. Carrier was on Doughy the way he should be until the Doughy headshot. McNabb came out hitting and Tuch was good, although not great.

For the Kings, they played as expected also, Doughy, Brown and Clifford were in classic playoff mode with Clifford trying to start crap after every whistle, Brown with his trademark falling into the goalie routine and obviously Doughty's suspendable hit on Carrier.

What wasn't expected was the physicality displayed by Vegas, from nearly everyone in the lineup including players like Neal and Marchessault. The Knights and Kings went hit for hit most of the night surprising fans of both teams. The Knights had the better play rushes and a strong forecheck but at times the Kings were better at hemming them in the zone, but were unrewarded for their efforts. The Karlsson line played decent, but early on looked a little trepid, some might say "heard footsteps", this seemed to fade as the game progressed. The Haula and Eakin lines were better in a defensive physical way - which will bode well going forward.

Tonight' game should be a little more open. I would expect that without Doughty in the Kings lineup, Knights first line will be a little more freewheeling and Stevens will have a tough time deciding who to play against them. Doesn't matter, because line 2 is next up. Look for Lindberg to slot tonight, which defensively is not a noticeable downgrade from game 1. I would expect the Kings to attempt to intimidate the Knights even more tonight. The Kings will likely throw more pucks toward the net and crash for rebounds and send more dump ins in an effort to hammer our defense-It could be a tough night for our defense.
The Knights should take this game if they put the Doughty hit behind them and just move forward, which I suspect Gallant has already talked about. They need to stay out the scrums and out of the box if they are gonna make Doughty pay for his hit.

P.S - My players to watch;

Tomas Tatar. Tatar has at times looked out of sync with the Knights, but from the third line I think he will have an impact tonight.
Nate Schmidt. Schmidt's speed from his zone and entry into the Kings end will be effective in the Knights transition game.
Tomas Nosek. Nosek had a good game 1, will continue with heavy forecheck and recovery of loose pucks.
**** the Knights and their plans!

Go Kings Go!

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Would murder our offense but I wonder how Kopitar would do with guys dumping the puck into his corner. God knows he starts every shift behind the glass behind our net anyway
It's interesting how amused Phaneuf looks when he gets caught down low but Kopitar is behind to support him

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
You have a way with your parlance that is making me rethink my entire view on the Knights.
449cb0f2c749466b2af360376001b2f1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad