GDT: WCQF Game 2: Blues @ Wild | 7 PM CT / 3AM Finland | NBCSN, TVAS3, SN360, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
I hate Yeo-brand hockey. I hated it when he was here, and I hate it even more now that he's using it against us.

Lol now I understand why people branded the Wild boring. The Blues play the most frustrating game. They sit back and defend with 5 man deep and hold on for dear life until they get their shot. It is effective though.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Even the Oilers managed to split their series. We could actually be done before them. Let that sink in for a second.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Even the Oilers managed to split their series. We could actually be done before them. Let that sink in for a second.

Must be nice to have McDavid and Draisaitl. Two elite scoring forwards who can actually figure out a way to get the puck in the net.

Scoring by committee is nice, except when everyone is snakebit and you need an extremely talented player to break through.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Guess what boys, you're gonna go into a building with a team and coach who's system thrives on getting the last change.
Toughen up and execute on your chances. Making this a game of 'would've, could've, should'ves' only screws with your execution. It's all about the next one.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Lol now I understand why people branded the Wild boring. The Blues play the most frustrating game. They sit back and defend with 5 man deep and hold on for dear life until they get their shot. It is effective though.

Well, just think back to the beginning of last year when the Wild were flying high, but Yeo kept complaining they weren't winning "the right way", i.e. they were scoring too many goals, and playing hockey that wasn't boring enough. Coaches like him are part of the reason scoring dropped off in the mid 90s and has never really recovered. It's easier to destroy than create, and coaches will do whatever it takes to keep their jobs (even though they inevitably all get fired, anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad