GDT: WCQF Game 2: Blues @ Wild | 7 PM CT / 3AM Finland | NBCSN, TVAS3, SN360, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I wasn't limiting it to just BB. But it's not a coincidence his teams perennially fail in the playoffs.

Joel Quenneville's teams perennially failed in the playoffs before he joined the Blackhawks. FOH with this same old boring ****. Boudreau is one of the best coaches in the league, he doesn't just magically forget how to coach in the playoffs. This is on the players, and maybe on the management not finding the best players.

People don't go around saying, well the Canucks and Blues have never won a cup, it's not a coincidence that they keep not winning one.

It's stupid and it's a ****** cop out. Quit perpetuating it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wasn't limiting it to just BB. But it's not a coincidence his teams perennially fail in the playoffs.

Yup, just like it wasn't a coincidence that coach Q's teams perennially failed in the playoffs before he arrived in Chicago.

The coach can do only so much. He's been to the wcf before, so it's not like he can't win in the playoffs at all. He just hasn't had a cup caliber team yet.

Caps had no goaltending and suspect defenders.
Ducks had no goaltending and players with no heart.

Wild have solid goaltending but can't buy a goal.

This had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with BB.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
What line-up changes (if any) would you make for Game 3?

Hard to say, have to imagine something gets changed, whether its White/Schroeder drawing in or just shuffling the deck.

Hard decisions for Boudreau when the 12 forwards all looked generic out there tonight. No one stood out and looked better/worse than anyone else. Best players need to stand out and they didn't tonight.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Wild are done. It was pretty apparent in March that this team doesn't have "it." It will be nice to be able to watch the other games and have fun.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
The optimist in me keeps remembering the Avs series a few years ago. IIRC we were down 2-0 after running into Varlamov in both games. Sound familiar?

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
Hard to say, have to imagine something gets changed, whether its White/Schroeder drawing in or just shuffling the deck.

Hard decisions for Boudreau when the 12 forwards all looked generic out there tonight. No one stood out and looked better/worse than anyone else. Best players need to stand out and they didn't tonight.

I would like to see JEE moved to 3C and Hanzal to 4C. I know JEE is a rookie and all that but damn his game looks good. He only got around 8 of TOI tonight. Bruce will never do it if only because it would be tantamount to saying that we gave up the farm for a 4C and annoy the Fletcher to no end

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
If only the blues didn't have their secret weapon Edmundson. Who needs an Ovie or a Crosby when you have an Edmunson??

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
I would like to see JEE moved to 3C and Hanzal to 4C. I know JEE is a rookie and all that but damn his game looks good. He only got around 8 of TOI tonight. Bruce will never do it if only because it would be tantamount to saying that we gave up the farm for a 4C and annoy the Fletcher to no end

I think we've got to figure out the 1st and 2nd line first. They all looked like 3rd lines out there tonight.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

there is only one answer ...

wild-blues-04.jpg

Let's. Punch. Faaaaaccceesss!

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
The optimist in me keeps remembering the Avs series a few years ago. IIRC we were down 2-0 after running into Varlamov in both games. Sound familiar?

The difference is that in Game 1 of that series we threw the game away. IIRC we were up like 4-2 in that game and lost 5-4 in OT. At least we actually scored goals.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
This is the part that sometimes feels unfair. You know, players and coaches can learn the thing, they get fired and traded. They're down for awhile, but maybe will find a new place where they can flourish again. And even get their "revenge".

Against whom? Everybody in the franchise can move, players, staff, management, the owners. Or even the whole goddamn franchise! after a few days or weeks ir months they're 100% with the new organization, from the bottom of their hearts. Like we do as employees in a real world.

I mean it's ok, not arguing that. It's their job, that's life. But that revenge is actually against the fans in the end, while we don't think it that way. We're the sole volunteers in the middle of this all. We fans, are stuck in this **** like forever.

But, it's just a game. We know the rules, this is how it goes and we were aware of it. Actually, that's what makes this whole thing interesting. So let's suffer, together it's maybe a tad easier. We know the drill.

To the next one..

Last edited:

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Our lack of outside shooting and reluctance to shoot one-timers is a big flaw with our team.

Especially because so many of our important players are undersized or slow.

Satch

Mar 31, 2016
And yet that still doesn't equate to a win because the Wild only scored 1. Sorry, you cannot put this on Dubs.

Absolutely I never said that it was his fault, cant win if you dont score, but first goal he let in was deflating

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Separate Koivu and Granlund. Roll with

Parise-Staal-Granlund
Nino-Koivu-Coyle
Haula-Hanzal-Zucker
Stew-JEE-Poms

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010

I have a feeling we see Schroeder next game then. JEE moved to 3rd line duties between Coyle and Nino would be smart too. Also Olofsson in for Folin. I'd roll this:

Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Parise-Staal-Pominville
Nino-JEE-Coyle
Stewart-Hanzal-Schroeder

Suter-Spurgeon
Olofsson-Brodin
Scandella-Dumba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad