GDT: WCQF Game 2: Blues @ Wild | 7 PM CT / 3AM Finland | NBCSN, TVAS3, SN360, FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Absolutely I never said that it was his fault, cant win if you dont score, but first goal he let in was deflating

It shouldn't be. The game was 1-0...that shouldn't be deflating.
Just sounds like excuses for the mentally weak.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Absolutely I never said that it was his fault, cant win if you dont score, but first goal he let in was deflating

Yeah, and Parise's goal was Brodziak's fault... what's your point? The Wild failed to score on their chances. The Blues with fewer chances managed to score more goals.

I don't care if 1 single goal was Dubs' fault when our team only manages to score 1 single goal all game themselves.

The skaters need to finish... period. That's the only story of this game.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
If we lose this series (still don't think we will), I pray the Sharks win the cup. I'd be so happy to see that big goofy ass Burnsie smile while holding the cup.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
If we lose this series (still don't think we will), I pray the Sharks win the cup. I'd be so happy to see that big goofy ass Burnsie smile while holding the cup.

I don't know. I went into this series really down on the wild. Now that we are actually down 0-2 for some reason I think we're going to come back.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Yeah, and Parise's goal was Brodziak's fault... what's your point? The Wild failed to score on their chances. The Blues with fewer chances managed to score more goals.

I don't care if 1 single goal was Dubs' fault when our team only manages to score 1 single goal all game themselves.

The skaters need to finish... period. That's the only story of this game.

I'd say the story of this game was Yeo coaching perfect Yeo hockey. Suffocating, pressuring, grinding, giving absolutely no room for the Wild forwards to maneuver. They don't need to score many goals to win when they can shut down skilled teams like that.

It's difficult to finish because Wild doesn't get quality chances and almost no second opportunities. Kudos to Yeo and Blues there.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd say the story of this game was Yeo coaching perfect Yeo hockey. Suffocating, pressuring, grinding, giving absolutely no room for the Wild forwards to maneuver. They don't need to score many goals to win when they can shut down skilled teams like that.

It's difficult to finish because Wild doesn't get quality chances and almost no second opportunities. Kudos to Yeo and Blues there.

And as we've seen for the past 4 years, it will break down.
Yeo's system is not perfect and what's working more than his system is Allen standing on his ****ing head.
Once you can get past Allen, his system doesn't work because they don't score.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

I actually don't agree with that, as that implies the Wild are getting little to no scoring chances and are being boxed out to the perimeter... that isn't happening. The Wild are getting in close and getting lots of chances, they just aren't finishing them.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Yeo's system is not perfect and what's working more than his system is Allen standing on his ****ing head.

Allen's played well but I wouldn't call it standing on his head.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland

It will break down but it will be too late unless the Wild figures out something for the next game. These 2-1 games are playing right into Yeo's hands.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Allen's played well but I wouldn't call it standing on his head.

72/74 saves through two games, what would you call it? The blues looked awful in game one and mediocre in what I saw of game two. They have gotten some timely goals, and some lucky ones. It's not their skaters who are winning these games for them.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I actually don't agree with that, as that implies the Wild are getting little to no scoring chances and are being boxed out to the perimeter... that isn't happening. The Wild are getting in close and getting lots of chances, they just aren't finishing them.

I didn't watch the first period, maybe they had more chances there. But in the second and third they didn't have much.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I didn't watch the first period, maybe they had more chances there. But in the second and third they didn't have much.
They had a lot in the first and a decent amount in the 3rd... in the 2nd they were playing stupid hockey... worst passing decisions you could imagine.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
'Coach has nothing to do with how his players play'.

k

Coach has nothing to do with whether the players can actually FINISH on the chances they create. All he can do is put them in position to get chances, the player has to bury the puck in the net. The players ARE getting chances.

The coach isn't out on the ice shooting the pucks for them.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
72/74 saves through two games, what would you call it? The blues looked awful in game one and mediocre in what I saw of game two. They have gotten some timely goals, and some lucky ones. It's not their skaters who are winning these games for them.

I don't see more than 5 shots that had a high chance to enter the net that Allen has had to stop. Quality is more important than quantity, alot of the shots have been very simple saves. And then you have Parise stopping a puck from crossing the line and Granlund shooting into Allen with 80% of the net open, among other plays that Allen hasn't had to do anything.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
'Coach has nothing to do with how his players play'.

k

And the Wild have been playing very well, apart from not being able to finish. If there's one thing the coach really does have nothing to do with, it's the players actually putting the puck in the net. That's all on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad