GDT: [WCQF GAME 1] | Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks | PT. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Looks like an experienced team vs a noob team. Stupid how many media guys were downplaying experience, it definitely plays a huge factor. At least they still have a chance to win this one.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Reffing has been one-sided and the Oilers are getting outplayed. Those are not mutually exclusive events.

The DD/Pouliot/Caggiula/Letestu are getting outclassed by the Sharks 3rd and 4th lines. That needs to change.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
It's going to be even worse once Jumbo Joe gets back. Yikes.

It's playoffs. A lot can change game to game. We still have the best player in the game on our team. It only takes one opportunity to erase a poor game here. So just cheer. Analysis is for post game or post season.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Gryba was out there for a while at the end prior to McDavid's line coming on, which is why there were no trailers on that rush, because the D was finally able to change.

Strange because Gryba had opportunities to get the **** off the ice well before that and didn't. I thought to myself "oh god he's still out there" twice that shift.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
Getting tired.

07:37 here

Woke up at 5 am. :D

About the game... It's not actually all that surprising to me that it ended up this way. Some jitters were expected. I think they'll be much stronger in the second bout. The second line scoring would be nice right about now...

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
That's why I said since the 1st ;)

Ah, yes, is that how it works semantically? Then you are correct. :)

EDIT:

What is the accurate definition?

I always thought it was since one point until now, meaning that the point is counted.

Example: He has been able to talk since he was 3, meaning that he started talking at 3? Right? :D

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
24-13 for the Sharks.

Oilers are getting owned this game since the first ended. Sharks are just pouring it on.

Time to pull out a lucky one and move on to the next game.

Hopefully we win this one in OT and then at least the guys that don't know what to expect in the playoffs have an idea of what to expect going forward.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland

About the game... It's not actually all that surprising to me that it ended up this way. Some jitters were expected. I think they'll be much stronger in the second bout. The second line scoring would be nice right about now...

Been awake 20 hrs now.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Looks like an experienced team vs a noob team. Stupid how many media guys were downplaying experience, it definitely plays a huge factor. At least they still have a chance to win this one.

It was because everyone in the media assumed EDM's speed would be too much (like Pittsburgh in the finals) but San Jose has done a great job of clogging up the neutral zone and back checking hard. The only way EDM can get out of this is to start moving their legs. You slow it down to the level of San Jose you're in trouble.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
24-13 for the Sharks.

Oilers are getting owned this game since the first ended. Sharks are just pouring it on.

Time to pull out a lucky one and move on to the next game.

You don't think all the PP's have helped kill the Oilers' momentum?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Reffing has been one-sided and the Oilers are getting outplayed. Those are not mutually exclusive events.

The DD/Pouliot/Caggiula/Letestu are getting outclassed by the Sharks 3rd and 4th lines. That needs to change.

Hertl has been a beast tonight.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Hopefully we win this one in OT and then at least the guys that don't know what to expect in the playoffs have an idea of what to expect going forward.

I think this is the growing pains of an inexperienced team. ****** reffing for sure but I think as the series goes on we'll get more accustomed to it

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Louie DeBrusk

He used to do colour with Kevin Quinn before Remenda came over
He is butchering names tonight Calling McDavid Nuge Jones Talbot Maroon Lucic. Maybe to much time with quinn screwed him up just make up a name if you don't know a Quinn special.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think this is the growing pains of an inexperienced team. ****** reffing for sure but I think as the series goes on we'll get more accustomed to it

No doubt, if we win this one at least the team knows that SJ won't be going away quietly so they will have to up their game from here on out.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
It was because everyone in the media assumed EDM's speed would be too much (like Pittsburgh in the finals) but San Jose has done a great job of clogging up the neutral zone and back checking hard. The only way EDM can get out of this is to start moving their legs. You slow it down to the level of San Jose you're in trouble.

Where is the speed on this team after McDavid? The Oilers just have this built in reputation of being a fast team. This version is not very fast at all.

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
You don't think all the PP's have helped kill the Oilers' momentum?

More-so than the PP's... it's what they are choosing to call and what not to, borderline hit: instant whistle, blatant interference: play-on.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

In case you didn't notice. They scored the first one. Would love them to do it, but our top line has been generally weak tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad