GDT: [WCQF GAME 1] | Edmonton Oilers vs San Jose Sharks | PT. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Just a small part of me is thinking the Sharks were just laying low the last two weeks of the season, just conserving energy for another attempt at the cup. Pavelski is also playing like a DB on the QB spy. He's been picking off cross ice passes like it's his lunch money. The Oilers gotta cut that **** out of their game.

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
That blues dcore is unreal. To think theyre minus shatty and can still ice that 6.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
No doubt, if we win this one at least the team knows that SJ won't be going away quietly so they will have to up their game from here on out.

Experienced teams rarely go away very easily. It's why I think it will go 7.

Risingwind

Feb 26, 2015
In case you didn't notice. They scored the first one. Would love them to do it, but our top line has been generally weak tonight.

Well, I admit it came off as plain whiny. The idea was that since Lucic has been a factor in just about every goal the Oilers have scored against the Sharks in this and the last game, it's logical to me that he would have to be sealing the deal in the OT too. That, and I'd really want 93 or 14 to pot one.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
If this is playoff hockey then I don't like hockey. This is the refs trying to make this about them.

Yup, that's another thing about playoff hockey: you spend the whole damn series tearing your hair out. You hate it. But you keep coming back.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I'd say it started in the 2nd...

The first looked REALLY good. Sharks were much slower and less physical in comparison.

It all started at 12:32 of the second when Gryba got that crappy elbowing penalty. Oilers have played a lot more timid fearing getting a penalty.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Burns is way too comfortable on the offensive blue-line. Nobody is able to pressure him. I would put McDavid out against him.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Wait a minute. It's not 3 on 3? What is this weird "playoff" thing with these crazy rules :sarcasm:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Had to walk away after the 6th Sharks powerplay. How does the NHL think these constant penalties are positive for the game and their ratings? If anything it Makes people want to flick the channel. They're going to lose a lot of fans (probably not many here but in tge states) if they keep this garbage up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->