GDT: WCQF | G3 | Oilers @ Kings | 4.21.23 | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Don't think that would work unless we want 2min shifts from Mc or Drai.

Doubleshifting on '3rd' line would give them some bench rest time before their shifts

Kane-McDrai
Hyman-Nuge-Bjugstad
Kostin-McDrai-Ryan
Foegele-McLeod-Yama

I mean you could just go (in order of shifts):

Kane - McDavid - Draisaitl
Kostin - Bjugstad - McLeod
Nuge - McDavid/Draisaitl - Hyman
Foegele - Ryan - Yamo

Mix up those second and fourth lines however you want, but personally I love that setup. I don't think we've seen enough of McDavid and Draisaitl together in the first two games, tonight seem like a good chance to break it out.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Did i hear that McDrai is on the sam
I believe so

Well no luck with the wife. Better luck with the oilers

1682093004685.png

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
What they SHOULD have done, is rent out Honda Center for either games, but no, they have too much pride to have 3 fulltime professional teams in 1 building.
The ice is gonna be absolute shit

We play better on the road , buckle u0 boys this gonna be fun

I fully expect a parade to the penalty box seeing as we are in there barn now...

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Despite it being 1-1, Edmonton is dominating this series with 63% of the high danger scoring chances. 63% of HDSC despite having significantly less powerplay time. A third of LA's quality chances throughout the first two games have come on the powerplay. 5 on 5 this is a complete thumping by Edmonton.

Korpisalo is rocking a .940 save percentage when facing high danger chances. Unless he continues to play out of his mind, this number likely is not sustainable over the course of a series.

If Edmonton keeps playing the way they are, it will be hard for them to lose this series unless the goaltending is largely in LA's favor. That's the only reason Game 2 was even close.

Predicting a decent sized win tonight. 5-2 or 5-3 Oil.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Don’t take undisciplined penalties and this team will win. I noticed Jay didn’t really take advantage of home ice in terms of line matching so it won’t be much difference on the road. We’ve been largely outplaying them 5on5, keep the game there and it should be a win. Skinner has played well but has let in a couple softies, let’s hope he cleans that up tonight.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
WTF how does the league even allow this? Obviously full priority given to the NBA

Obviously. Too bad there wasn't an option to play the game Friday if the Lakers go out in 5 games.

But they could have prevented it by going Tues, Thursday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday. Same finish line but without a huge midseries break so they did it to themselves.

Anyways gotta win tonight to prevent the going stale in a three day break, so go get it and skip the partying Saturday night in LA this time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Don’t take undisciplined penalties and this team will win. I noticed Jay didn’t really take advantage of home ice in terms of line matching so it won’t be much difference on the road. We’ve been largely outplaying them 5on5, keep the game there and it should be a win. Skinner has played well but has let in a couple softies, let’s hope he cleans that up tonight.
Only concern I have with this view is that LA have been getting better as games have progressed. Its a bit of a worry to me as it suggests LA are settling into games and enduring 60mins of play better than the Oilers who have players like Hyman, Kane, McD potentially playing hurt.

Certainly the Oilers have dominated first period and first half of game play. But I wonder what it is that has resulted in this changing around half way through the games. If Edmonton is in anyway impacted as the 60mins wears on than what effect could occur as the series goes on.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If true, wonder if Woodcroft is going to have them together on the first line but then also have a open slot on the second line and double shift one of them (as opposed to having an extra hole on the fourth line).

Having a open spot on the second line creates chaos for McLellan who loves his matchups.
That was the alignment that finished off LA last year. Not sure he needs to go there quite yet though as the players in the bottom 6 (or 5 unless you count Yams as bottom 6) this year are playing better than the group last year.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I wouldn't worry about those goals by Skinner last game. They weren't tracking or reaction issues (how about that third goal on Korpisalo?). He just needs to keep playing his game and staying big in the net.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The ice is gonna be absolute shit

We play better on the road , buckle u0 boys this gonna be fun

I fully expect a parade to the penalty box seeing as we are in there barn now...

I'm less concerned about the ice tonight vs Sunday. Tonight is a standard swap out from a single event in their building in the last 10 days (Clipper game last night).

Sunday, it will be the 5th event in four nights with a surface change out between each event and outdoor temps are going up after a mild week in LA.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
To those wanting to load up McDrai that can have adverse effects. Like the two being susceptible to counter like on the first shift of game ! in third period which basically cost us the game as McD made a poor attempt to Drai that got picked for an LA goal.

Loading up McDrai of course also makes us more susceptible in other lineup matches and we are not at home.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Putting McDavid and Draisaitl together would be pretty dumb IMO.

Why? We're owning them at evens. LA's matchup game isn't working at all and if they think that it is why wouldn't we let them keep thinking that?

Yeah, aside from the PP's and the Oilers simply allowing the kings to get back in the game, the team's better, especially 5on5. Drai's carrying the big load and being able to play with anybody, and Connor's just on the verge to break out like the player he is (hopefully starts tonight)

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Putting McDavid and Draisaitl together would be pretty dumb IMO.

Why? We're owning them at evens. LA's matchup game isn't working at all and if they think that it is why wouldn't we let them keep thinking that?

It's probably the most dangerous weapon in the league and it hasn't been used yet. Keeps the Kings on their toes. Plus if you're running 11-7 anyway, with the bottom six playing well, it kind of just makes sense.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
To those wanting to load up McDrai that can have adverse effects. Like the two being susceptible to counter like on the first shift of game ! in third period which basically cost us the game as McD made a poor attempt to Drai that got picked for an LA goal.

Loading up McDrai of course also makes us more susceptible in other lineup matches and we are not at home.

I prefer keeping it as the nuclear deterrent. If you go to it too early, the teams have time to adjust. Saving it until the third period in game 5 last year was almost perfect timing to swing momentum to get Game 6, then Game 7 was just Edmonton delivering a rare defensive shutdown.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Bingo. We got in trouble in Game 1 due to some reckless puck play by McDavid, we don't need to put them together and encourage more of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad