GDT: WCQF #5 | "Skate Or Die" | Oilers vs Kings | May 10 2022, 8PM MT/7PT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
How’s everyone doing today? Right on! I’m gonna get Arby’s at lunch, but anyway. I’m here to coach em up. I thought this was obvious, but apparently it isn’t, and we need an image of where to beat Quick

The green is how you beat Quick. The red is where you won’t beat Quick. Any questions, I’ll be here till 11:00 P.M. (or however long it takes to win this game)
1652192769818.jpeg

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the kings have scored 10 goals. but only 9 players have contributed to those 10 goals. we need to shut down their top 2 lines and then murder their 3-4s

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I have no idea what to expect but my feeling is that it was a bad idea to let what looked like a broken team off the mat and give them confidence although L.A. deserves credit for taking it to the Oilers.
Now it's a Best of 3 that will essentially come down to lucky bounces and randomness because things will likely tighten up now that the finish line is near.

I can't say that I have the utmost confidence in the Oilers holding up in a tightly contested game so they'll need to put them away early if they want to win IMO.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I have no idea what to expect but my feeling is that it was a bad idea to let what looked like a broken team off the mat and give them confidence although L.A. deserves credit for taking it to the Oilers.
Now it's a Best of 3 that will essentially come down to lucky bounces and randomness because things will likely tighten up now that the finish line is near.

I can't say that I have the utmost confidence in the Oilers holding up in a tightly contested game so they'll need to put them away early if they want to win IMO.
After what oilers fans have gone through the last two years, it’s warranted for us to not feeling confident. I completely agree with you. Letting them tie the series up the way they did just has me feeling bad about the series right now. I sure hope the Oilers prove me wrong though!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
After what oilers fans have gone through the last two years, it’s warranted for us to not feeling confident. I completely agree with you. Letting them tie the series up the way they did just has me feeling bad about the series right now. I sure hope the Oilers prove me wrong though!
that game was almost not frustrating. We were being out played, and that happens to even great teams, but even then we still almost made that game interesting. There was some great chances and possessions, and imo it was mostly luck that kept that puck out, and if one went in it might have rallied the team.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As long as it is with a focused energy, not scattered like game 1!
yeah, hopefully since they know this opponent it should be directed energy. We just got to win this series. LA didn't even expect to be here. They shouldn't want this as much as our guys do. Our team has not been in the playoffs enough. It's actually embarrassing that McDavid and Drai don't have more GP in the playoffs. The team has to get it done now.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
that game was almost not frustrating. We were being out played, and that happens to even great teams, but even then we still almost made that game interesting. There was some great chances and possessions, and imo it was mostly luck that kept that puck out, and if one went in it might have rallied the team.
You’re right! Ugh I’m nervous. We lose this game and ….. oh boy

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
With all this smoke about coming out hot, the Bodog line of a goal in the first 9m30secs looks quite enticing if you were a betting man... make 60 cents on every dollar you lay down

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I know the Oilers can have pretty wild hot and cold swings, but last game was so bad that I am now worried about tonight. Was pretty confident going into last game, but I'm concerned.

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
Sure would have been nice to get the win in Game 4 with a chance to close out the series tonight. Colorado relaxing for a full week while everyone else beats the hell out of each other Is not good news.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How’s everyone doing today? Right on! I’m gonna get Arby’s at lunch, but anyway. I’m here to coach em up. I thought this was obvious, but apparently it isn’t, and we need an image of where to beat Quick

The green is how you beat Quick. The red is where you won’t beat Quick. Any questions, I’ll be here till 11:00 P.M. (or however long it takes to win this game)
View attachment 543856
You a former goalie? (splits) I missed if you've said that.

ps why wouldn't shooters just aim for the 5 hole there. Or anywhere upstairs? Small goalies, other than Fuhr are not often my favorites. Prefer size in net. Just a lot more covered by a man like Smith.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Sure would have been nice to get the win in Game 4 with a chance to close out the series tonight. Colorado relaxing for a full week while everyone else beats the hell out of each other Is not good news.
well at least we can't be playing them next round. Colorado's got to be laughing with the Minny/St.Louis series probably going the distance.

Hopefully we can win the next two. Nurse is injured and so we could use any extra time we can get. Also there is an additional benefit to finishing early in that the league likes to hurry up the schedule so you can catch your next opponent with almost no additional rest if you can finish first.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know the Oilers can have pretty wild hot and cold swings, but last game was so bad that I am now worried about tonight. Was pretty confident going into last game, but I'm concerned.
I expect Oilers to win tonight. I equally expect them to follow their pattern and struggle in game 6.

In anycase its stupid for the Oilers to have made this into a long series while a club like Colorado are just resting and sitting back. I almost think the players have this notion that the more games they play the better, and that it gets them used to the playoffs more. Its not the case at all. Learning how to close out series when you have advantage and momentum is the lesson lost. I fear the Oilers always lose those kinds of lessons. We're just fortunate the Calgary-Dallas series is also tied up.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Not a factor in my opinion. A Colorado matchup would still be likely three weeks away if Edmonton could get there and whoever they play in the 2nd round, they'll take a pound of flesh.

The series of concern for Edmonton is the Calgary/Dallas series which is also knotted up, meaning the earliest the series ends will be Friday, so at this point the worst case scenario is that the winner of that series has 1 extra day off vs Edmonton where the best case is still Edmonton having 3 extra days. Anything longer than that has just as much risk of buliding rust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad