GDT: WCQF #5 | "Skate Or Die" | Oilers vs Kings | May 10 2022, 8PM MT/7PT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Drai now with 5 goals in 5 playoff games and he was the universal pick here tonight in the thread to be scapegoat. I mean think about it.

Would be lovely for him to get the hat trick goal in OT and we can serve up some Barbecue Crow. Who's hungry?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Seriously. WE were lucky the Kings didn't have more of a lead. Even in that Period Smith stoned Kempe 4 times. We're in OT only because Kings lack finish and didn't score half a dozen games. By no means is short shifting McDrai for two periods in the biggest game of the season a valid strategy.

Note as well the only think working tonight is putting McDrai together. The kind of thing Tippett and McLellan would do.

Anyway, on to OT.
The problem was that they started games with them together. It's only effective as a nuclear option. They can hold their own apart the majority of the time.

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003
Ron Hextalls daughter is doing the play by play in the US and she is pretty good!

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Drai went from being the Oilers worst player to being their best after adjustments made by Woodcroft. Smith made some good saves, that’s what he’s paid to do.

Unlike Tippett who went to McDrai every time the Oilers experienced adversity, Woody waited until only the nuclear option would do.

It was the last stand at the Alamo and everyone recognized it and they brought it.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
What the f*** is this intermission?
Meanwhile on the Kings feed they are basically saying this is why the playoffs are so great in hockey. Using words like gut wrenching and stressful if you are a fan. lol. Love it.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Drai now with 5 goals in 5 playoff games and he was the universal pick here tonight in the thread to be scapegoat. I mean think about it.

Would be lovely for him to get the hat trick goal in OT and we can serve up some Barbecue Crow. Who's hungry?
He was -3 with 1 shot going into the 3rd. He wasn't having a great game going into the third

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
This panel sucks balls. After that kind of performance, this analysis of it a complete embarrassment. Get the f*** out of the business of hockey Rogers. This country deserves better.
Aren't those days with valuable intermission analyses long gone? Seems more like a chitty chat show and a few laughs nowadays...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The problem was that they started games with them together. It's only effective as a nuclear option. They can hold their own apart the majority of the time.
meh. Without Doughty its pretty clear Kings can't handle the duo together. Should've been happening more and all of OT. Kings defensively cannot contain McDrai together. Its just what the matchup is in this one.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I don’t need no crow. I believed in a huge 3rd after a shitty first two, cause you know we’ve seen Drai do this a 1000 times.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad