WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
I missed the 1st period. But if you're talking about the hit near the end of the game that was because it wasn't.

It was a dumb interference call taken at the worst time possible. It was shoulder to shoulder upon replay.
Don't care if he hit him in the shoulder. You can't have guys come fly in and hit guys like that who are engaged in puck battles along the wall. It would be an absolute blood bath on ice if that was a legal play.

Guys in this league could make similar plays in every shift in every game this season, but nobody is stupid enough. Except Perry. It's a code thing. You'd have star players getting run left right and center in the corners if these plays were allowed.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I am still questioning the "eligible to be checked" comment. If he was not by rule the puck carrier (last player to have touched the puck), he wasn't eligible to be checked so that hit would have been interference.

That’s something I can understand I was more so responding to the poster who said Karlsson was eligible to be hit but it was still illegal which makes no sense

Reactions: one2gamble

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Don't care if he hit him in the shoulder. You can't have guys come fly in and hit guys like that who are engaged in puck battles along the wall. It would be an absolute blood bath on ice if that was a legal play.

Guys in this league could make similar plays in every shift in every game this season, but nobody is stupid enough. Except Perry. It's a code thing. You'd have star players getting run left right and center in the corners if these plays were allowed.
He got a penalty. The whole purpose of penalties is to curb such behavior. It was a dumb hit and he got punished for it, and the team did as well as it was 2 minutes they couldn't try to attack properly.

Reactions: DeadGhost

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Bottom line is you make that hit there in that situation when you are clearly frustrated, you are asking to have a penalty called on you.

Reactions: Nightrain

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
He got a penalty. The whole purpose of penalties is to curb such behavior. It was a dumb hit and he got punished for it, and the team did as well as it was 2 minutes they couldn't try to attack properly.
Agreed. Never said he should be suspended or be subject to any supplemental discipline.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't think Bieksa is going to fill in the lineup again.
Hahahaha come on mate.

Bieksa comes in for Welinski after doing KB's job better than him, and after Bieksa missed a significant portion of the season. The Ducks won games without Bieksa and Welinski was a fine replacement who should've stayed in. Every indication was he shouldn't have fixed what wasn't broken. It wasn't Welinski's fault that Anaheim lost game 1 and yet, the minute Bieksa was ready to go, he came in.

Bieksa will stay so long as he's healthy cause "muh veteran presence and grit"

Thankfully Bieksa's time in Anaheim is almost over but I really hope Carlyle follows him on the way out. He's an idiot.

Reactions: nilssont

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
The league really messed up with the Doughty suspension. I think with that precedent this will probably get a look. I don't think this should be a suspension btw, just a penalty.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
all he had to do was get in there and muscle karlsson off and it would have been fine. but that impact from that angle is pretty much an automatic call.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
all he had to do was get in there and muscle karlsson off and it would have been fine. but that impact from that angle is pretty much an automatic call.
Pretty much agree. No real reason to make that hit even if it may not be an illegal one. I don't see him suspended, about the only reason I think they could is because while it wasn't from the back the player didn't have much of a chance to protect himself. Still don't think they will though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad