WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Happy about the wins, but can't say I'm surprised. Sharks played really well at the Honda Center during the regular season, too. That said, I won't be shocked if Anaheim wins both in San Jose, either. Their AHL team played the Sharks tight earlier this year.

Both of these teams can play very good road games. This isn't over by a longshot.

The Perry hit was correctly called. No need for fines/suspension. Him taking more than half the remaining clock off while down a goal was sweet enough. Such an unnecessary hit to make.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Regardless, it was an unnecessary risk by Perry. Why even put himself in that position in such a critical part of the game / series? It was a low IQ hockey play.
No question it was a stupid and unnecessary play...but randomly something the NHL refs might allow...or make it a 4 on 4 or even a Ducks PP after possible retaliation...how was Perry to know the optics might be bad on it? He didn't hit Karlsson toward the boards or know his helmet would come flying off.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
No question it was a stupid and unnecessary play...but randomly something the NHL refs might allow...or make it a 4 on 4 or even a Ducks PP after possible retaliation...how was Perry to know the optics might be bad on it? He didn't hit Karlsson toward the boards or know his helmet would come flying off.

Even if you don't think it was illegal (it was), it was a blatant disregard for another player's safety and a stupid play. He went way out of his way to throw a dangerous hit on a player that wasn't even playing the puck.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Even if you don't think it was illegal (it was), it was a blatant disregard for another player's safety and a stupid play. He went way out of his way to throw a dangerous hit on a player that wasn't even playing the puck.
I think it should be illegal, but I see as and more dangerous hits that are allowed and thus encouraged.

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
Everyone talking about the Perry hit, I'm more pissed about this one on Braun by Rakell

The first clip was the live angle. Startled the hell out of me seeing his head suddenly driven into the boards. He bounced right back up, it was a miracle.

https://my.mixtape.moe/wjbquf.mp4 (Better version with sound)

The fact that this stuff happened multiple times during this game and we haven’t heard a peep from the league speaks louder than any suspension...

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Like I said in the GDT from last night, the Perry hit looked MUCH worse in real time than it did on replays. I do think it was an illegal hit, and was absolutely an incredibly stupid hit to make at that stage of the game, but 2 minutes was absolutely the right call. I don't think there should be any supplemental discipline, and I would be shocked if he even gets a fine.

Reactions: Getz2perry

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Remember when Perry stole all the money from the cookie sales from all the girl scout troops in San Jose?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010

screams-internally-27681223.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad