WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
MacK’s hands were so fast that they hypnotized Pekka. You can’t hear it in the gif but MacK is actually saying “watch my hands, not around the hands, not the puck, but just my hands...” that whole time until Rinne was putty in his hands :sarcasm:
Eh everyone keeps giving Pekka grief but he was moving with the play and doing what he was supposed to do. Ellis meanwhile decides he needs to flop on a weak hit as Rinne takes his legs out moving with the play.

That whole ending, including the 6 on 5, has had me chewing steel and spitting fire since last night.

You saw last night what we have watched all year, a bunch of talented guys who think they only need to try for about 15-20 minutes to win a game. It's the reason Preds fans are hot as fire right now.

People want to act like Hammond was great, but outside of a couple of scrambles and a couple of break aways we didn't really force him to do anything but catch the puck. Even on the scrambles nothing was elevated, we just smacked the puck into his legs 3 or 4 times. I give the guy credit for stopping what he did, but frankly, they made it pretty easy.

TBH I kind of hope Colorado wins the series, these guys dont deserve it from a work ethic/heart perspective.

ItchyScratchy77

Jul 1, 2016
Winnipeg
Avs came so close to tying up game 4. With the energy in that building leading up to the end of the game, I’m surprised they didn’t. Mackinnon is a beast. Really hoping the Avs can pull off the upset. And as a Jets fan, it’s not because I’d prefer to face Colorado.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
Preds overrated D and their lack of offense is coming back to bite them. Even if they do get by the Avs, and they won't, winnipeg will absolutely maul them.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Aug 25, 2009
éal
People are way too soon to doubt the Preds. This series is still part of a process of growing pain. Being contender doesnt mean you will bulldozer your way to the SCF like the Penguins did the past two years. Most team, even champion team, experiment this kind of adversity. I'm giving credits to the Avalanche, but I'm sure the Preds will come out strong and win this series, then give Winnipeg a run for their money in Round 2.

Bruins in 2011 were 1 goal away from eliminaton against Montréal. In 2008, Detroit had a hard time against Nashville in the 1st round. There's lot of parity in the league, this series is just another exemple. Props to Colorado for standing up for themselves in a series no one gave them any chance to win, but Nashville still got this.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Preds overrated D and their lack of offense is coming back to bite them. Even if they do get by the Avs, and they won't, winnipeg will absolutely maul them.
I will never underestimate Nashville.

Whatever troubles they may have, they are still insanely strong at every position.

We outmatch them in forwards but that D-Core is mental.

Reactions: MacBradley

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
I will never underestimate Nashville.

Whatever troubles they may have, they are still insanely strong at every position.

We outmatch them in forwards but that D-Core is mental.

E2MM3Bf.gif

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am calling BS!

Poll results show Nashville in 5 with 46.8% :

1. Nashville in 4

146 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Nashville in 5

356 vote(s)
    46.8%
  3. Nashville in 6

138 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Nashville in 7

8 vote(s)
    1.1%
  5. Colorado in 4

16 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Colorado in 5

3 vote(s)
    0.4%
  7. Colorado in 6

27 vote(s)
    3.5%
  8. Colorado in 7

67 vote(s)
    8.8%

Thanks, Phu!

I noticed that person who posted two things that I refuted has disappeared from this thread.

We used to have a saying in college, don't bring your BS in here and I won't either.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I like the Jets this year and have them favoured over Nashville at this point but injuries may become a factor.

Avs and Jets with their respective injuries could still be a hell of a series should Nashville drop an egg.

You meant TWO more eggs, right?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm finally getting to see some of Mac's play this year.

He's a force of nature this year....just ridiculous. Easily the best player on the ice for either team in this series.

Getting to watch him play all year is a big part of why Avs fans have been on cloud 9 all series long. Any extra MacK games are just a treat!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Eh everyone keeps giving Pekka grief but he was moving with the play and doing what he was supposed to do. Ellis meanwhile decides he needs to flop on a weak hit as Rinne takes his legs out moving with the play.

That whole ending, including the 6 on 5, has had me chewing steel and spitting fire since last night.

You saw last night what we have watched all year, a bunch of talented guys who think they only need to try for about 15-20 minutes to win a game. It's the reason Preds fans are hot as fire right now.

People want to act like Hammond was great, but outside of a couple of scrambles and a couple of break aways we didn't really force him to do anything but catch the puck. Even on the scrambles nothing was elevated, we just smacked the puck into his legs 3 or 4 times. I give the guy credit for stopping what he did, but frankly, they made it pretty easy.

TBH I kind of hope Colorado wins the series, these guys dont deserve it from a work ethic/heart perspective.
Yeah, I agree. Everyone is acting as if Hammond stood on his head, but most shots he saw were pretty simple to save.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Let the hamburglary live on...
Hard to decide who I want to win. The hawk have nashvilles 1st round picks and I'm a hawks fan, but I have nashville winning the cup in my bracket.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
So 1 game takes away how bad he's been this series. Defensively he's been bad. He's has pucks he should of cleared that ended up in the back of the net. He's out of place alot this series. He's just standing by ladenskog on the pp in game 3 instead of clearing him out so rinne can see and it ended up in the back of the net. Look pk isn't playing that good either but people only call out his bone head plays and not our other defenseman. Just funny

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So 1 game takes away how bad he's been this series. Defensively he's been bad. He's has pucks he should of cleared that ended up in the back of the net. He's out of place alot this series. He's just standing by ladenskog on the pp in game 3 instead of clearing him out so rinne can see and it ended up in the back of the net. Look pk isn't playing that good either but people only call out his bone head plays and not our other defenseman. Just funny
I've called out Josi's weak ass clears all season. Subban was garbage last night, hes been meh the rest of it. Josi was good last night and been meh for the rest of it.

Josi also didnt flail around on the ice like a 5 year old that can't get up drawin attention to himself. Josi also didn't just get nominated for the Norris and then play like that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad