WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Whoever wins this series is getting destroyed by the Jets next round, especially if it's the Avs with Hammond.

Nah, I think some teams are harder matchups that is all. Avs system is hard to contain because it so chaotic, any team would have had a rough time with them.

If the Preds win, the only major advantage I see the Jets having is the extra days off.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Also...why the heck is Rinne sliding out of the net into his own dman? Was he trying to see around the screen and tripped?

Yeah Subban got beat really bad by his man, but Ellis and Rinne were just as big a part of that goal imo

MacK’s hands were so fast that they hypnotized Pekka. You can’t hear it in the gif but MacK is actually saying “watch my hands, not around the hands, not the puck, but just my hands...” that whole time until Rinne was putty in his hands :sarcasm:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thank you for the confidence in Nashville as well as the Avalanche!

I think our speed & top line are just a rough match up for you stylistically; but if we can’t pull it off you’ll look a lot less sloppy against a bigger but slower Winnipeg team.

I also think mentally the preds weren’t ready for the Avs to push them like this; but if they survive, they’ll be much more focused against the Jets

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I think our speed & top line are just a rough match up for you stylistically; but if we can’t pull it off you’ll look a lot less sloppy against a bigger but slower Winnipeg team.

I also think mentally the preds weren’t ready for the Avs to push them like this; but if they survive, they’ll be much more focused against the Jets

Absolutely. The Avs have outplayed the Preds in 4 of 5 first periods. Lavy isn't getting them ready to play sound positional hockey or hyped up enough to have more energy coming out to start the games. I think those two points along with the speed are the strengths that the Avs are riding. On paper, the Preds are a better team overall, but the Avs have the best line with MacK and they are playing with more energy. Turris is like a ghost out there. That hurts Nashville as well as the defense not scoring.

Reactions: cgf

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Rooting for Nashville but so glad to see the Avs have a turnaround season.

Had a chance to meet Bednar when he coached in South Carolina (ECHL) and had a long conversation with him. Very engaging guy. He has paid his dues to get where he is. He's won Championships in both the ECHL and AHL as a coach and won 2 as a player. Knows the territory and has his team well prepared.

Last edited:

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
MacK’s hands were so fast that they hypnotized Pekka. You can’t hear it in the gif but MacK is actually saying “watch my hands, not around the hands, not the puck, but just my hands...” that whole time until Rinne was putty in his hands :sarcasm:
This is no disrespect to Mackinnon, and he was a high end prospect before the following happened, but I feel like Crosby has kind of taken the kid under his wing and it is paying off.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
This is no disrespect to Mackinnon, and he was a high end prospect before the following happened, but I feel like Crosby has kind of taken the kid under his wing and it is paying off.
They seem really close and I'm sure crosbys had a good influence on him

Reactions: Lemonlimey

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
who the hell was that female that was commentating during last nights game? NBC not going to do that again are they.... so annoying

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

Bryan Little thinks this series is over.

To be fair: Jets fans were chanting "we want Nashville" it may have just stuck in his head.

In reality, I don't think the Jets, or Jets fans care who they play, they just want the series to go 7 and quadruple OT to decide it:laugh:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Bryan Little thinks this series is over.[/QUOTE]
"Little" does he know, it ain't over.

He did correct himself though, says whoever wins and that he got ahead of himself....funny

Reactions: Cellee

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I like the Jets this year and have them favoured over Nashville at this point but injuries may become a factor.

Avs and Jets with their respective injuries could still be a hell of a series should Nashville drop an egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->