WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Hammond was great but the shots are massively misleading in that game.

Preds had 26 shots on net through 2 periods and outside of the flurry in the last 2 minutes I dont recall a single actual scoring chance. It was clear they were firing the puck on net from anywhere because of the unknown territory with Hammond in net.

But he owned the 3rd period no doubt. Made some huge saves in that period and gave the Avs a chance to win. Both goalies played quite well for that matter. Certainly cant fault Rinne on either of the goals he gave up, especially the first one. He was taken completely out of the play by his own Dman and just a world class play by Mackinnon.

5 on 5 shot attempts that game for those interested was 54-46 in Nashville's favor. So once again an even game.

Fun series so far. This was probably the best game yet.

The Avs kept the Preds on the outside. I would like to see a shot chart.

Reactions: MacBradley

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
I feel bad for the fans in Nashville. They've become so excited by this team, and now they are being let down big time.

In the Cup final last year, Laviolette proved that he has problems getting and keeping his players focused. I recall that every game in Pittsburgh was a complete no-show for Nashville.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Neither Bernier nor Varlamov would have won this game.

Varlamov is amazing when facing a lot of shots.

Lg19C6l.jpg

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hammond another product coming from the Duchene trade along with Girard playing a good game again ! Thank you Duchene.. I mean thank you Sakic :D
Totally forgot that Hammond was part of that deal...wasn’t he a f***ing cap dump? :laugh:

Picked preds in 6, and I still think that’s how this series goes (sorry avs fans) but would love to see a game 7!

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I feel bad for the fans in Nashville. They've become so excited by this team, and now they are being let down big time.

In the Cup final last year, Laviolette proved that he has problems getting and keeping his players focused. I recall that every game in Pittsburgh was a complete no-show for Nashville.

Which was baffling/troubling considering Nashville seemed to be focused in other road games (5-3 in West road playoff games last year, came up big when they had to vs. CHI/STL/ANA).

Like, he got them focused in game 5 at Anaheim last year tied 2-2 without 2 centers, but Pittsburgh basically did what they wanted in PPG Paints

Reactions: Licentia

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I picked Preds in 6 before the series started.

But the Avs have themselves a great opportunity to force game 7 now coming home off a massive momentum building win in game 6.

We'll see what happens Sunday night.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

That was disappointing for sure but the series is still 3-2 in our favor. If fans have given up now they probably need to develop their mental toughness. Nothing is guaranteed or easy. Colorado has played really well. They deserve a game 6 at home. Preds are going to have to earn the 4th win. It won't be given to them.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I have seen this before Colorado has this series won!! Hammond is the exact thing I was afraid of, a Goalie the Predators have never seen much coming in and having 3 straight amazing games the only chance the Predators have now is to win it in 7 or have Rinne shutout the Avs and some lucky bounce/bad call (which almost happened).

Reactions: MacBradley

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I remember that the Pens scored a total of 2 goals during games 3 and 4 in Nashville versus the Preds 9. Maybe it is hard to win on the road in the Finals.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It almost was.

Meh, most things aren't black and white. That call was definitely made in the grey area. Preds have been screwed bad this year on some grey area calls. I would've felt bad winning like that. But it's not going to be that easy.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Honestly I thought the Preds goal was a good goal. It would've been so disappointing to lose that way, I'm so glad the exact opposite happened.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The Avs kept the Preds on the outside. I would like to see a shot chart.

5v5:

Corsi: 54-46
SCF: 25-21
HDCF: 11-7

All in favor of Nashville. Not that big of a discrepancy and given how Nashville's "Norris #1D" and "Vezina #1G" played on the two Colorado goals, this is a game that deserved to win.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
That was disappointing for sure but the series is still 3-2 in our favor.

On the surface, 3-2 doesn't sound bad at all. That is, until you recall that the expectation was 4-0. Suddenly, 3-2 doesn't look so great.

And things have gone from bad to worse! Colorado has the Hamburglar primed, and ready to steal some wins!

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I have seen this before Colorado has this series won!! Hammond is the exact thing I was afraid of, a Goalie the Predators have never seen much coming in and having 3 straight amazing games the only chance the Predators have now is to win it in 7 or have Rinne shutout the Avs and some lucky bounce/bad call (which almost happened).
You need to take a time-out man.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
On the surface, 3-2 doesn't sound bad at all. That is, until you recall that the expectation was 4-0. Suddenly, 3-2 doesn't look so great.

And things have gone from bad to worse! Colorado has the Hamburglar primed, and ready to steal some wins!

I don't recall that expectation. I picked the Preds in 5. I am going to check on that.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006

It doesn't matter what the expectation was. (It wasn't Preds in a sweep btw) What matters is the Preds find a way to get past this series. Every series takes on it's own life. Preds are struggling with this one, but the next one will be a new day. Just need to find away to get past these pesky Avs.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I said before this series started, between the avs being so young, the preds being a top team, Nashville owning the season series, no Johnson, and no Varlamov, that if the avs could stretch this to 6 games, it’d be considered a massive success.

This was the peak of my expectations.

What a great season it’s been after last years debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad