WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Unrelated to this game, but another Subban gem:

Love rooting for the underdog, so seeing Colorado force this to a game 6 is sweet. Would love a game 7.

Mackinnon and Rantanen are so fun to watch

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
You need to take a time-out man.
I am just not feeling good about this series right now. All of a sudden they have to go back to Colorado who has all the momentum and win then the pressure is on in game 7. I think Avs win in a blowout on Sunday 6-0’and the Predators play tight and never figure out Hammond and lose 3-0 in game 7. I was scared of the backup goalie curse all day long and the longer it went the more in their heads Hammond got. The ghosts of past series (Scott Darling) are coming out at the worst possible time.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Avs are playing harder than the Preds. The Avs play as a unit, the Preds plays as individuals; thus, they look disorganized and rough. Very different looking Predator team than in the past. Again I’m not sure if the Preds can handle being Cup favorites. Lavy has also been out coached (surprisingly).

Full credit to the Avs. They are responding well to their injuries, playing a diligent, poised, smart team game, using their speed. MacK’s line has outplayed the entire Pred roster.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Since when did they change the kicking the puck rule? Isn't that clear no goal WTF. I remember back in the day If you even had knowledge of puck going from your skates it would be disallowed and now they allow this? WTF.. He played the puck with skate, obviously.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Please cry more about chants

Yes, I'm definitely the one crying right now. My favorite team totally just blew a lead to the worst playoff team in the NHL and lost with a chance to win the series.

The chants are cool from Nashville's perspective for sure. I can definitely imagine them being rattling for a goaltender but at the same time, it just makes you want to beat that team.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
E2MM3Bf.gif

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Since when did they change the kicking the puck rule? Isn't that clear no goal WTF. I remember back in the day If you even had knowledge of puck going from your skates it would be disallowed and now they allow this? WTF.. He played the puck with skate, obviously.
They actually changed the rule a few years ago. It’s ok to turn the skate and redirect and a slight kicking motion is allowed and it has to be with intent to kick it in the net to be disallowed.

Under the changes it was a good goal but given how the call on the ice was no goal it was a hard thing to overturn.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Yes, I'm definitely the one crying right now. My favorite team totally just blew a lead to the worst playoff team in the NHL and lost with a chance to win the series.

The chants are cool from Nashville's perspective for sure. I can definitely imagine them being rattling for a goaltender but at the same time, it just makes you want to beat that team.

You do know there were multiple teams who got swept right? We may be an 8th seed, but I wouldn't call either 8th seed team this year the 'worst playoff team in the NHL'.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
They actually changed the rule a few years ago. It’s ok to turn the skate and redirect and a slight kicking motion is allowed and it has to be with intent to kick it in the net to be disallowed.

Under the changes it was a good goal but given how the call on the ice was no goal it was a hard thing to overturn.

Why did they change the rule? That seems so hard to estimate now. There's kicking motion, everything.. etc. Unbelievable call in my opinion.

How do you measure "slight" kicking motion? Jesus NHL.

Reactions: Kschey

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Avs are playing harder than the Preds. The Avs play as a unit, the Preds plays as individuals; thus, they look disorganized and rough. Very different looking Predator team than in the past. Again I’m not sure if the Preds can handle being Cup favorites. Lavy has also been out coached (surprisingly).

What has Bednar done to outcoach Laviolette?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why did they change the rule? That seems so hard to estimate now. There's kicking motion, everything.. etc. Unbelievable call in my opinion.

How do you measure "slight" kicking motion? Jesus NHL.
Since the point of the rule isn't to stop scoring but to prevent players from kicking at goalies, they're having it loose to allow it.

The league would be silly to simply be mad a guy is angling his deflection with a slight skating motion at the goal

Reactions: Gnashville
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->