WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I am honestly worried about our bottom pairing getting exposed on the road when Colorado can get the top line against them, and concerned about the number of penalties we take on a nightly basis putting on Colorado's power play.

Either of those could win some games for Colorado and at that point anything could happen. I hope Nashville is taking that top pairing very very seriously.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I am honestly worried about our bottom pairing getting exposed on the road when Colorado can get the top line against them, and concerned about the number of penalties we take on a nightly basis putting on Colorado's power play.

Either of those could win some games for Colorado and at that point anything could happen. I hope Nashville is taking that top pairing very very seriously.

That's why I feel we have a real punchers chance in the home games, where Bednar can really capitalize on those two factors...though to get any wins in Nashville will take a really herculean effort.

Last edited:

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
The only danger I see is that Nashville is still a relatively inexperienced playoff team and in watching their games this season they were seemingly going 110% for every game.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
They have more playoff experience than any team they could face from the West, save for possibly the Kings.
Most of your forwards have two runs in em. from what I saw this year they were flying around the ice. I'm saying that they might not have learned to lay off a bit in the regular season. Why push to tie a game in February?

Anyways I'm sure your opinion is correct.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
The only danger I see is that Nashville is still a relatively inexperienced playoff team and in watching their games this season they were seemingly going 110% for every game.

The Predators have been participating in the playoffs for 10 years, and the vast majority of the team went to the Stanley Cup final last year. Their head coach has won a cup. How much more experience does a team need?

Won multiple cups? Lost the cup more than 5 times? With how teams change each year, it's unlikely you're going to have large portions of the team that have experienced deep playoff runs. In the Western conference, you could make an argument for the Kings or Ducks having more playoff experience, but how many of their current team were around for those playoff experiences? How long ago were those playoff experiences?

Reactions: MacBradley

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I'd still expect to lose but the fact that EJ and Varly are out is just devastating. If we had those two I atleast expect it be a good series but with those two out I think we really need to be lucky or something weird needs to happen for us to have a chance. Injuries are a part of the game but it's just real unfortunate

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Most of your forwards have two runs in em. from what I saw this year they were flying around the ice. I'm saying that they might not have learned to lay off a bit in the regular season. Why push to tie a game in February?

Anyways I'm sure your opinion is correct.
Yeah you obviously didnt watch us much. One of our biggest complaints is they spent too much time floating around the ice. About the only one that goes full bore all the time is Arvy and Watson. Both have had rest at the end of the year due to getting banged up.

Oddly enough if we dont push those tie games we probably dont win the division.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
It’s more the fact that Nashville doesn’t have a centre or perhaps even single player who can keep up with MacKinnon. Let’s see whatcha got Subban/Josi

Why do they have to keep up with him?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

Our PP, Goaltending and Top line are really are best shot at winning and even than its a long shot. Our depth has improve from last season a ton but they are very young and can't be relied just yet.

Still excited to watch them grow. This is a big step for our team. Hopefully it's a learning experience that they can use going forward. Also the Press are my Bandwagon team I just hope someone doesn't take put Mackinnon and cause that to change haha.

Last edited:

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Predators have been participating in the playoffs for 10 years, and the vast majority of the team went to the Stanley Cup final last year. Their head coach has won a cup. How much more experience does a team need?

Won multiple cups? Lost the cup more than 5 times? With how teams change each year, it's unlikely you're going to have large portions of the team that have experienced deep playoff runs. In the Western conference, you could make an argument for the Kings or Ducks having more playoff experience, but how many of their current team were around for those playoff experiences? How long ago were those playoff experiences?

Yeah, I would like to see some stats on the Preds experience vs any other West team, heck, maybe any team besides the Penguins.

Preds have more playoff wins and games in the past 3 seasons than every team except the Penguins

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
It helps to keep this from happening :sarcasm:

Well if he thinks no one on arguably the best team in the league can keep with MacKinnon then he might as well pick the Avs to win the Cup.

We heard the same thing last year. Who can keep up with McDavid? The old and slow Sharks and Ducks seemed to do ok.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well if he thinks no one on arguably the best team in the league can keep with MacKinnon then he might as well pick the Avs to win the Cup.

We heard the same thing last year. Who can keep up with McDavid? The old and slow Sharks and Ducks seemed to do ok.

Oh I agree, just wanted an excuse to post that cause it was too much fun to watch :laugh:

Reactions: MacBradley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad