WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Nashville Leads Series 3-2

Nashville vs Colorado

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Yeah, I would like to see some stats on the Preds experience vs any other West team, heck, maybe any team besides the Penguins.

Preds have more playoff wins and games in the past 3 seasons than every team except the Penguins

I added up the totals, and the Preds have the most playoff games played in the West in the past three years with 42.

Nashville: 42
Anaheim: 40
St. Louis: 37
Chicago: 34
San Jose: 30
Minnesota: 21
Calgary: 15
Dallas: 13
Edmonton: 13
Vancouver: 6
Los Angeles: 5
Winnipeg: 4
Colorado: 0
Arizona: 0

In the east, both Tampa and Pittsburgh have more:

Pittsburgh: 54
Tampa: 43
Washington: 39
Rangers: 36
Ottawa: 25
Islanders: 18
Montreal: 18
Detroit: 12
Philadelphia: 6
Boston: 6
Toronto: 6
Florida: 6
Columbus: 5
New Jersey: 0
Carolina: 0
Buffalo: 0

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Jonathan Bernier actually starting in the playoffs. He was an incompetent goalie in Toronto, but, somehow, he brought himself in a position to duel for the best cup in the field of sports.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This series will be fun and I like both teams. Nashville certainly deserves to win. They have a beautiful team and an amazing coach. That team with Jam will how fully win this year. It’s a great turnaround for the avs and they should be proud of it.

Reactions: MacBradley

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Jonathan Bernier actually starting in the playoffs. He was an incompetent goalie in Toronto, but, somehow, he brought himself in a position to duel for the best cup in the field of sports.

Don't forget he's already got a Stanley Cup ring!

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
This series, or more the general consensus of how it will play out reminds me of the Canucks vs L.A 1st round match in 2012.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Nooooo!

I think this will be a close one; Avs are playing well and can be very dangerous when scoring well
If Varlamov was good to go they would be more dangerous. Going to be tough without him though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Nightmare matchup for Colorado. Their one line against a team who has the defense to match up. A miracle would be needed for the Avs to win. The only way I see it going the Avs way is if Nashville somehow overlooks the Avs, the Avs get belief, and also they get every lucky bounce. I think this one will be over in 4-5.
I see this as a valuable learning lesson as your team went through almost a decade back. Remember that after you got Crosby, you eventually made the playoffs and got swept by Senators only to go far the very next year. Not saying Avs will follow the same path since we didn't tank for another generational talent in Malkin, but Avs should gain a lot of experience to grow into a more (and hopefully) consistent role next year where we can lock up 2nd or 3rd place.

Because of that, I am going to say Predators in 5. However the games are going to be a lot closer as it should be similar to what Leafs did last year to the Caps. Eventually Predators depth and defencive core will be able to close down the Avs offencively and gain those much needed GWG's late in games.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
ApmnQjA.png

Does Tennessee memorize the rulebook yet?

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Sadly that is likely needed more for the local traditional sports media rather than our fans... That said, I do still have one of the old 'Hockey 101' brochures they used to hand out ten plus years ago to draw in new fans when everything was pro football, ncaa football, and more high school football with a touch of NASCAR and NCAA Basketball thrown in. We've come a long way baby!!

ApmnQjA.png

Does Tennessee memorize the rulebook yet?

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad