GDT: WCQF #1 | "Connor The Barbarian" | Oilers vs Kings | May 2 2022, 8PM MT/7PT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSW/630CHED, AM570

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Oilers, and Oiler nation

1651496164364.gif

1651496211488.gif

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
On a side note, it would be nice if Quick was a sieve in this series but I'm fully expecting him to channel 2012 Quick since we can't catch a break in the playoffs lol

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Very apprehensive about this one.

We were riding just as high last year at this time, higher since Smith looked like a more consistent higher quality goalie. But at least this time Connor and Leon have more veteran support.

We all know Bettman and his caveman cronies are going to push the refs to let all kinds of infractions go, our players will have to fight for scoring area space.

Hope it doesn’t take 2 straight losses for Woodcroft to adapt to playoff level defensive systems, and our players, especially forwards are committed in our end. Outscoring mistakes is not successful in the postseason.

A win tonight would ease a whole lot of pressure, something this team hasn’t handled especially well.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
The last 1/3 of this season I’ve been honestly excited for each and every Oil game to start. I woke up this morning knowing it was game day and cant get the aweful feeling out of the pit of my stomach. It’s not nerves or indigestion, i just feel nauseous for some reason. Hopefully it subsides. A solid first period will probably help.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I fully expect Leon and Connor to have Kopitar and Danualt water skiing behind them throughout the series. People will be screaming bloody murder in here.

This is a different team though that can play 5v5. Really looking forward to seeing playoff Hyman. I have high hopes that McLeod takes another step as well

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
1651499587869.jpeg

This felt very real the moment I woke up this morning realizing that the day is finally here.

This feels a lot different than the last two playoff runs because this team has the potential to do something in the playoffs, I never felt that way the last two times. Of course, now that I'm buying in I'm sure they will sufficiently take my heart stomp on it and throw it in the trash. Better win tonight or, yeesh, anxiety will rise tenfold in Oil Country including the players. I think it's a must win in a lot of respects so... go get it Oilers.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
These 8pm start times are gross. I have to be up at 5:00am all this week. No time to celebrate if they win.
I agree - 7pm is the Goldilocks time, but either at 5pm when your not ready or 8pm and it gets late.
All games, even in LA are at this time I see?
Post automatically merged:

Look for that first call against the Oilers even to try and put the Oilers off kilter even if they "let them play" after. They need to be ready for this.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
These 8pm start times are gross. I have to be up at 5:00am all this week. No time to celebrate if they win.
Some of guys are lightweights haha. You can still celebrate for an hour or two and get 5-6 hours of sleep which during playoff time, is a lot of sleep.

10pm start here so I'm anticipating no sleep until 1am (which is fine, I usually go to sleep after 12 anyway) and that's if they win. If they lose, sleep will be optional.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
On a side note, it would be nice if Quick was a sieve in this series but I'm fully expecting him to channel 2012 Quick since we can't catch a break in the playoffs lol
Quick finishes the season on fire in his last 5. Yes they were against not great teams, but Quick is like Price. He just seems to know how to turn it on in big games

I remember in 2018 (last time Kings made playoffs) Quick was the only good player on the ice. Kings couldn’t score what so ever and we’re swept, but Quick held LV to something like 6 or 7 goals through the 4 games in that series. He was ridiculous.

Lucky for us, Smith has been the hottest goaltender in the league in the last 9. If he keeps playing like this, we should be fine

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I agree - 7pm is the Goldilocks time, but either at 5pm when your not ready or 8pm and it gets late.
All games, even in LA are at this time I see?
Post automatically merged:

Look for that first call against the Oilers even to try and put the Oilers off kilter even if they "let them play" after. They need to be ready for this.
Haha yes!
200.gif

It's so true.

Reactions: tardigrade81

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Quick finishes the season on fire in his last 5. Yes they were against not great teams, but Quick is like Price. He just seems to know how to turn it on in big games

I remember in 2018 (last time Kings made playoffs) Quick was the only good player on the ice. Kings couldn’t score what so ever and we’re swept, but Quick held LV to something like 6 or 7 goals through the 4 games in that series. He was ridiculous.

Lucky for us, Smith has been the hottest goaltender in the league in the last 9. If he keeps playing like this, we should be fine

Yeah, I definitely think both goalies bring their best in this series. If that's the case, we win in 5 or 6. If Smith is a sieve and Quick is lights out, we are looking at another Jets-like series. I have confidence in Smith this time around though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad