GDT: WCQF #1 | "Connor The Barbarian" | Oilers vs Kings | May 2 2022, 8PM MT/7PT | CBC, SN, ESPN2, BSW/630CHED, AM570

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
We all said this team wouldn’t do Jack shit with this goaltending duo, lone and behold here we are. Zero faith in winning this series.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
But who created the shit show that ensued.
Smith, that doesn’t mean the team gets off the hook for the bullshit that happened after.

This is what this team does. Stupid f***ing mistakes by all parties and lose leads.

I’ve said it 3 times tonight, cut out all the garbage panic plays and they win.

Playoff hockey messes with their heads.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Smith, that doesn’t mean the team gets off the hook for the bullshit that happened after.

This is what this team does. Stupid f***ing mistakes by all parties and lose leads.

I’ve said it 3 times tonight, cut out all the garbage panic plays and they win.

Playoff hockey messes with their heads.
The bullshit that happened after?

Smith dove infront and stopped it, and then the kings immediately got the puck, got it to the point and shot it on net.

Thats 100% on Smith, not any other Oilers.

How do you suggest they dont panic when their goalie is tossing up turnovers 10 feet infront of the net.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Not sure who had less confidence in Mike Smith tonight…me or Mike Smith. Dude looked rattled all game every time the puck came near him.

spider0179

Apr 29, 2017
Mike Smith is a fine Keeper but he trys to do too much and we have seen this same outcome again again and again

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Credit where credit is due. Quick made at minimum four huge saves that probably go in the other 9 times out of 10. He stole this game for LA.

Feels a lot better now, at least they're not losing to the underdogs...again.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
.886 SV%. Tie game late and Smith decides to channel Bobby Orr. Never looked set and sure all night. The old wander was back in his game. Lots of passengers though tonight.

The old 'shitty' coach carved a great road game out of the visitors.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
The bullshit that happened after?

Smith dove infront and stopped it, and then the kings immediately got the puck, got it to the point and shot it on net.

Thats 100% on Smith, not any other Oilers.

How do you suggest they dont panic when their goalie is tossing up turnovers 10 feet infront of the net.
If my ass had been scored on as many times as it had in the past 2 years from the point you can bet your ass that I’m getting to the half wall/point and getting my stick on that puck.

Anyways on to game 2, this is on the coaching staff to turn this around because this is round 3 of the same playoff effort.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
yet again, losing the 3rd period of a playoff game. will i ever see my Oilers win a 3rd period? what is that, 7 straight 3rd period losses over 3 playoff series'?
This is it right here and probably the most astute point made in the thread. We just don't come up with the big efforts and plays in crunch time. In a 3-3 tie game at home the Oilers were outshot 13-3 at one point in the third period before as usual waking up when it was too late and they were behind again. The Oilers never led in the game, and never deserved to be in the lead. Terrible play by Smith, I get it, but terrible for the Edmonton Oilers to let yet another home playoff game come down to one play. Kings wanted it more, and got it.

Reactions: 123slam

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3